boothm87

Skin Care Confusion Please Help

(0) Hearts

I have Combination skin and I'm so very confused about how to care for it! Moisturizers, night creams, day creams, retinol, eye cream, microdermabrasions, blah blah blah. They all mean the same to me! I know they do different things but I can't figure out what order to use them in and if you can use two different products together. Like I would like to use a retinol at night but I also like using moisturizer at night. Can I use both? Right now I do the same steps in the morning and at night: I wash my face with an acne cleanser then I moisturize with a moisturizer that has salicylic acid in it. I'm getting fine lines around my eyes and I want to use an anti-aging cream but there are sooooo many! My head spins when I go down the skin care aisle. I probably look like the girl from the Exorcist. So my question basically is what should I use on my combination skin in the morning and at night when I want to control the oil, help erase fine lines and start preventative anti-aging products?

asyouwish804

Re: Skin Care Confusion Please Help

[ Edited ]

Hi, I completely understand. There are so many skin products that seem all the same! I too have combination skin that can be tough to manage sometimes. I would recommend using the Clinique 3-Step Skin Care System, Types 1, 2 Dry to Dry Combination. I contains a gentle cleansing soap to rid the face of dirt. Also, it contains clarifying lotion and dramatically different lotion. The dramatically different lotion is probably my favorite moisturizer of all time. I think that it would be great if you have any dry spots. Also, instead of using retinol and moisturizer at night I would recommend any anti aging moisturizer that does both. For example, I think the clinque Youth Surge Night Age Deceleration Moisure for Combination Oily to Oily would be great for your skin. It moisturizes as well as help wrinkles to fade. Also, to help your oil control for when your putting your make up on in the morning or something I would advise Urban Decay's De-Slick in A Tube Mattifying gel. All you have to do is apply it to the oily spots like the T-zone and it absorbs the oil giving a youthful gleam. Also, if you are on the go and the oil acts up I would advise blotting sheets. They are pretty inexpensive and all you have to do is quick dab and the oil is gone! I always carry these in my bad in case my face starts getting all shiny. I hope this helped a little! Good Luck!

lylysa

This user posted the same thread under a different category which can be found at the below link.

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Ask-The-Experts/Confused-about-Skin-Care-for-Combination-skin/td-p/4...

Please know that though the forum is a great place to seek advice and recommendations, it's also easier for users and the original poster to keep track of things when there's only one active thread going at a time, especially in the case of duplicate postings.

:smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

AMEN SISTER!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

LOL! Keeping things tidy!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 4 in conversation