marydiva

Should I get a Clairsonic?

Yay for deals! I know $99 isn't a *steal* per se, when it comes to a Clairsonic (it's just $26 dollars off, and you don't get a bonus cleanser or anything.) But still! It's a sale, and I'm a sucker for those. 

What's the difference between the Mia and the Mia 2? Should I get a Clairsonic?

dolceloure

Re: Should I get a Clairsonic?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

How fortuitous that I saw this thread! I've been trying to decide whether or not I should take the plunge for the $99 Clarisonic. I have an Olay pro brush that I bought almost a year ago; I like it, use it daily, and can feel the difference with it, but I keep wondering if the Clarisonic would do an even better job/if it's worth the upgrade. I'm leaning towards just going for it -- otherwise I'm going to be forever curious, lol.

edit: after posting this, I went to look up the MiaFirst (the one $99) and it's gone! :-/

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I loved my plus so much (body brush head is amazing) that I bought a mia for travel. I do prefer the speeds & timer on on the plus, but for traveling the mia will do. I know a few people who did the opposite of me; got the mia first, then a plus. 

anaa

I think you've made a great decision!  I have had mine for several years and I use it twice a day with wonderful results.

liviamaisy

The only advantage of the Mia 2 to the Mia is it has a timer for each part of your face (like when you switch cheek to nose etc.) The Mia works just as efficiently! It still has a one minute timer but not telling you when you switch! I would go with the regular Mia!

marydiva

I think that's what I'm going to go with! Can't beat under $100! 

iknowitstoday

(0) Hearts

Good choice the I don't even listen to the beeps

marydiva

Thanks for all the fantastic input ladies! It sounds like the Clairsonic is really amazing! It's a must-buy then. :smileyhappy:) Hehehe, you guys are such enablers! 

katie1724

(0) Hearts

Good move! Let us know how it works out :smileyhappy:

chouchou07

Buying clarisonic mia 2 turn out to be the best decision i have ever made for my skin. if you want to buy it, you should do so while the sale last. Because websites and stores rarely do sale for clarisonic

amberangeline

I vote YES! My Clarisonic has done so much for my skin. I had adult acne for several years, followed by terrible acne scarring and hyperpigmentation. The Clarisonic really helped get my face clean- it got rid of the extra oil and dirt in my pores and opened them up so that treatments could really soak in and work. It hasn't done a whole lot in the way of clearing up the left over hyperpigmentation, but the texture of my skin has improved nicely. You will love how smooth and clean your face feels after you use it!

Nicrohr

I LOVE my Clarisonic (I have the Aria).  I've also tried the Plus and Pedi.

anyway, this has totally helped up my skincare game, now I'm shooting for perfection :smileyvery-happy:.  and it's fun to use, and it feels nice -- and super gentle on my sensitive skin.

I say YES!

lilmissmodel14

Definitely recommend it !! I have the 2 and the timer really helps me stay on track and not over exfoliate. 

lilahtov

I won't tell you things already said (Mia2=two speeds, etc), just say that Clarisonic has completely changed my cleansing routine and my skin. I never forget to cleanse because I look forward to it so much (it's fun!) and you can use any cleanser you like, not to mention select from a variety of brush heads to suit your changing skin needs. Yes, it is an investment--even on sale--but your skin will thank you!!!

I have the Mia (saw no need for two speeds, as the one speed is just as thorough) and it's one of the best skincare purchases I've ever made, if not THE best. 

mychoi

So I think mia2 has two speeds. I think it also beeps after a certain time?

i ordered my Mia in the early hours of morning because I couldn't got to sleep contemplating :smileyhappy: 99 bucks isn't such a steal like you said but I've been thinking about one and my roommate swears by it so I closed my eyes and clicked checkout. I was so excited I forgot to look at promo codes though D:

katie1724

[ Edited ]

Ooh, tough decision! I have one, and I love it -- but some people don't, so I think it just depends on how your skin reacts to it. In my experience, it cleans so well that everything else you use (serums, moisturizers, acne treatments) seem to work better. I would start with the delicate brush heads and work your way up (though the sensitive ones worked for me, too). I used to use it twice a day, but now I just use it once, at night (to take off makeup). I have the regular Mia, and it has always worked well. I thought about trying the Mia 2 or the Aria, but until this one dies, I really have no good reason (my Mia works as it is). I'm sure others have mentioned this, but don't be alarmed if you break out a little when you first start using it. It's tempting to stop using it, but it's just a purging episode and should clear up really quickly. :smileyhappy:

jettagrrl

I have just the regular Mia and couldn't live without it.  It is my number 1 beauty recommendation.  I've always suffered breakouts, but with the Mia my skin rarely gets blemishes anymore.

Heatoyos1

(0) Hearts

However, if you insist on getting a Clarisonic, the Mia2 is better than the Mia because of the two speed settings. :smileyhappy: I wouldn't jump on this Mia deal.

Heatoyos1

[ Edited ]

I am planning on getting a Foreo Luna sonic cleansing device because it is more hygienic (it is made of easy-to-clean silicone without having porous bristles which attract bacteria like the Clarisonic), it has a massage feature on the back for anti-aging (I don't really need the anti-aging feature now, but I could use facial massages after a stressful day and use the anti-aging feature in the future) and it is all one piece (so it is really waterproof and you don't have to buy new brush heads four times a year--making it cheaper than a Clarisonic in the long-run.) 

Plus, the Foreo Luna is supposed to be more gentle than even using the sensitive brush head on the Clarisonic. This is because of the silicone nubs versus Clarisonic's more abrasive bristles. I didn't like that I could only use my Clarisonic once a day because I would get dry patches on my face if I used it twice a day.

The charge also lasts for a really long time. (My Clarisonic Plus would die after a short time if I used the body feature.)

Google it, and read the reviews. They are very positive! Most people who have tried the Clarisonic and the Foreo Luna prefer the Luna, though a few reviewers liked both. I don't think I read more than one reviewer that actually chose the Clarisonic over the Luna. 

I wish Sephora would carry the Foreo Luna, but I can't wait. :smileyhappy:

Nuke

I've had both the Clarisonic Mia 2 and the FOREO Luna. I got the Mia 2 first, but returned it within the first week of owning the Luna. It's just been a better tool for me in every way - a better value in the long term, more hygienic, less of a hassle (to charge, to clean, no replacement brush heads), and it's been more gentle for my sensitive, acne-prone skin. So here's another vote for the Luna - I definitely think you won't regret it!

Heatoyos1

Thanks for your input! Yes, most people who have tried both seem to prefer the Foreo Luna. 

Which one did you buy? I also have sensitive, acne prone skin, and I don't know if I should get the normal/sensitive or the ultra-sensitive one. I want to be able to use it twice a day without over-drying or getting dry patches. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 38 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll
    • anaa
    • marydiva
    • dolceloure
    • sbowden