catherineu2

Opinions about moisturizers

(0) Hearts

Anyone have any opinions about the moisturizers below?  Which would be best for my combination (oily & dry spots) acne prone skin?

Bobbi Brown Protective Face Lotion SPF 15

SEPHORA COLLECTION 8 HR Mattifying Moisturizer Sunscreen

Murad Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF 20 PA++

Peter Thomas Roth Clini-Matte All Day Oil-Control SPF 20

Murad Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15

Philosophy Hope Oil-Free SPF

catherineu2

Re: Opinions about moisturizers

(0) Hearts

Sorry I forgot to mention I'm 34 & anti-aging benefits would be a plus! Lol!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

How much oil do you produce/experience?

Is your main concern mattifying your skin? Or combating the aging features?

Though many moisturizers on the market are geared for anti-aging, something like fine lines, wrinkles, or even loss of elasticity would be better targetted with treatment products like serums as the delivery system allows for active ingredients to absorb better.

Moisturizers are like the icing on the cake, they seal over everything and take longer to sink in compared to a serum.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Since you didn't mention needing to combat any aging factors, out of your list I would go with either the PTR Clini Matte or Murad Oil Control Mattifier.

The Murad one is a bit thicker, almost has a thick, paste-like consistency, but once you learn to work and spread the product it mattifies like a charm! The PTR one is no where near as heavy during application and that one also gives a smoothed/matte look to the skin. I like that the PTR formula has a higher SPF grade and personally, I like the texture, but both are super efficient and do well in mattifying. Both are suited for acne prone skin, but Murad's will serve a bit better in terms of also treating any existing acne you do have.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • catherineu2