Pinkaboo

Need Help Finding a Skin Care Routine

I'm a completely Newbie when it comes to skin care.  I am 29 with what I believe to be normal to combo skin (T-zone).  I've been getting by thanks to my Asian genes and products that my family gives me as presents.  But I'd like to find a skin care routine, and also any hints on types of products that I should and shouldn't use would be great!

jennypenny1995

Re: Need Help Finding a Skin Care Routine

Go watch Lisa Eldridge's personal skin care videos on YouTube.  She gives REALLY good info and explain why she uses what and when.  Taught me a lot, and my skin hasn't been the same since I've changed how I think about it.  She has combo skin, too!

kd006

(0) Hearts

Are you trying to combat anything? Redness? Wrinkles? Acne? What kind of skin care items are you currently trying out?

Pinkaboo

(0) Hearts

I'm just trying to take care of my skin for anti-aging purposes.  I dont have wrinkles or acnes, but some occasional blackheads around my nose.  

I'm currently using the Shu Uemera depsea hydrability line. Cleanser, toner, moisturizer, lotion, and eye cream.  I've been looking at both philosophy and origins lines now, but an idea of the type of products would be very helpful.

kd006

I have tried pretty much everything in the line of philosophy and it is amazing. I have tried 2 things from origins. The make a difference plus moisturizer (which I love and need to repurchase) and the Ginzing eye cream (which was okay.. I'm going to buy the dior one next.. just not enough hydration for me).

Specifically, My favorite products from the philosophy line are the

-microexfoliating peel- That will take care of your blackheads and also can help with anti aging if that ever becomes a problem.. it says it reduces fine lines and wrinkles.. but you don't have a problem with that. This peel makes your skin VERY soft and cleans out your pores, which in turn will take care of your blackheads. It's my holy grail product.

-Purity made simple cleanser- It has a built in toner, so it would be unnecessary to purchase another unless you want to. If you do, I like the mario badescu glycolic acid toner. It's not as drying as other toners that I have tried. Purity feels nice on the skin and doesn't leave me all dried out after I use it. I use it on my clarisonic btw.

-Hope in a jar moisturizer- Specifically I like the one for dry skin, because it is more moisturizing but for your combo skin I would just recommend the normal/oily version. It keeps your skin hydrated very nicely. Otherwise a great moisturizer is the clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion. I actually prefer that more than the hope in a jar. It doesn't feel greasy at all.

Hope all of this helps!!

Pinkaboo

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much!  This really helps.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • jennypenny1995