From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin

Looking for a moisturizer that will really sink in!

Hello all!

I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a good daytime moisturizer that will really sink into my skin, and not just sit on top of it! I recently bought First Aid Beauty's Ultra Repair Cream and was really excited because of its great reviews, but it feels like it just sits on top of my face and never really dries/sinks in. I will probably keep using it for a night moisturizer, but I'm looking for something that will sit well under makeup in the morning. 

I also have rosacea and very sensitive skin. I would consider myself somewhere between dry/combination skin because I have very dry cheeks and dryness from rosacea, but at times can get oily in t-zone. 

What is your favorite??

Re: Looking for a moisturizer that will really sink in!

Moisturizers are meant to keep skin moisturized so they usually contain silicone and oil that forms a protective layer on the skin to seal the hydration in. FAB cream is quite heavy/rich so it's probably not appropriate unless you have very dry skin.

If you have combination skin, look for a gel cream or even hydrating serum. I'm obsessed with the new Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Cloud cream, which is a lightweight gel cream that turns watery on the skin and absorbs within seconds, leaving your skin feeling as dry and clean as if there's nothing on it (but very hydrated). Clinique Moisture Surge gel cream is another favorite. As for hydrating serum, Skin Inc Hyaluronic, Dr. Dennis Gross Hydration Booster are great at providing deep hydration and leaving nothing on top of your skin.

What triggers your sensitivities? You may need a hydration booster, for cheeks, serum-like under moisturizer. Sephora has one from Dr Gross. I've used Dermalogica, H20+

Hi @Shan1216,

Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Serum is a lightweight serum that's really going to hydrate your skin! I actually just tried this about an hour ago for a training and it's amazing! I only tried it on my hands and they feel so smooth I can't stop touching them! It sinks in so quickly and doesn't leave any residue on your skin. This may be great for those days that you're a little more on the oily side but is great for those with dry sensitive skin overall. The moisturizer is also amazing! (: 

In the morning I like to use Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation®. It's a lightweight but hydrating moisturizer that really sinks in to help hydrate and even skin. I didn't think this would be hydrating enough, but my friend with dry skin used it and really liked it! 

belif The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb is a moisturizing cream that's going to leave skin soft, supple, and deeply nourished. It provides up to 26 hours of moisture and is designed to "burst" when applied and then sink into the skin quickly.

XOXO,
Marieke
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing