Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin

Lightweight Nighttime Moisturizer for Combo Skin

I've got combination (oily tzone, pretty much dry everywhere) and acne prone skin. I have a mattifying moisturizer for the day (Mural Oil-Free Mattifier) but now I need a moisturizer at night that won't clog pores but will also hydrate overnight. I've tried a ton of oil-free moisturizers that feel like they're clogging my pores and when I wake up in the morning, doesn't hydrate my dry areas. Suggestions, anyone?

P.S. I'm trying to avoid moisturizers with a bit of acne medication on them as I am already using topical creams and they aren't hydrating enough for my already kinda dry skin

Re: Lightweight Nighttime Moisturizer for Combo Skin

CeraVe PM is a well kept secret

Some oil-free moisturizers rely a lot on silicone and tend to be lightweight so that might be why. You shouldn't use heavy/rich creams but there's no need to go out of your way to avoid oil, some are very lightweight and does not clog pores.

I have combo skin. When I'm getting acne or when it's sensitive, I like Clinique Moisture Surge, Peter Thomas Roth Cloud Cream or Tatcha gold beauty oil. They all absorb wonderfully, do not feel stuffy and hydrates well.

Hi anscorpio,

My skin type is combination and acne prone as well and I'm a huge fan of the Josie Maran 100 percent Pure Argan Oil! I apply this at night and when I wake up, my skin still feels hydrated. It's lightweight and great for those who are acne prone. I also love that it makes my skin feel so smooth!

http://www.sephora.com/100-percent-pure-argan-oil-P218700

Another product I recommend is the Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer. It's extremely hydrating without feeling greasy or sticky. Not only that, it's anti-aging and keeps your skin balanced. Additionally, it'll leave your skin feeling smooth and clear. 

http://www.sephora.com/oil-free-moisturizer-P232906

I hope this helps!

Always,

Danee

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing