jennzed

Life after Acne!

(0) Hearts

After many years struggling with acne, I finally have clear skin! It's such a great feeling, but now I realise that I have absolutely no idea what to do in terms of skin care. I've spent so much time looking at acne related skin care products, I'm really not sure what to do now! So I'm here looking for skin care regimen suggestions. My skin is slightly dry, (probably mostly a result of still using my acne cleanser--Philosophy's Clear Days Ahead) and a bit sensitive. I'm hoping to go to Sephora tomorrow and get some samples and things, so any product suggestions ahead of time would be great!

lylysa

Re: Life after Acne!

(0) Hearts

Horrah!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

I'm glad to hear you've conquered that battle! To the outside world, it may seem trivial, but for anyone who's ever had acne or understand the woes it can cause, definitely knows it's quite a feat to overcome it!

Kudos to you, I say!

Beautytester offered up some great advice and recommendations. Since you skin is a bit sensative, try looking into more natural, plant based lines like Boscia, Korres, and Origins.

Try to find products that are sulfate free as sulfates are soaps and detergents that lather up and can strip skin of esstential oils they need.

I know Boscia and Origins offer great trial/travel sets that you may look into before investing in full sized items!

ChicDabbler

Re: Life after Acne!

Always change your regimen one product at a time, so you know which product's the cause if your skin got better/worse. Are you still using the regimen and is it the whole range (like this kit: http://www.sephora.com/clear-days-ahead-30-day-acne-trial-kit-P312005?skuId=1417237)?

If your cleanser have salicylic acid, I would suggest switching that first (salicylic always dries me out). I love the rich lather from Clarins Gentle Cleanser, which is gentle enough for sensitive skin (unlike a lot of oily skin cleansers), have nice but mild scent, and leaves you with a clean feeling (unlike a lot of dry skin cleansers). And you only need, like, half pinky nail size unless your face is really dirty. If you want to stay within the Philosophy brand, their Purity cleanser is popular, altho the lather and tiny amount needed for Clarin won me over.

Next is moisturizerrrrrrrrrr. This depends on if your acned skin is oily, combination/normal, or dry when you discount the effect from acne stuff. If your skin is oily/combo, Boscia oil-free is great. If your skin is combo/normal, Origins Perfect World or Brighter by Nature are great. If your skin is dry (doesn't sounds like you, if that's the case, your skin would be super dry/flaky now from acne stuff, but just in case) then First Aid Beauty or Josie Maran Argan oil.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler
    • jennzed