brittany0859

Help! Moisturizer recommendations?

It turned to winter overnight here in Tennessee and my skin has gotten so dry! The low for tomorrow here is 33! Anyway, I picked up the Korres Wild Rose Sleeping facial about two weeks ago and it really helped with the dryness but I'm pretty sure it's making me break out..So I need help with choosing a new one. I have combo/dry skin. My skin gets a little shiny during the day but it also dries out really easily, especially now that it's getting colder. I do have a few acne scars which is why I wanted the brightening effects of the sleeping facial. Right now I'm using Origins Make A Difference Rejuvenating Treatment and Cerave moisturizer and it's just not enough. I feel like if i just use a light moisturizer for acne prone skin it never moisturizes enough so I need something heavier. Any recommendations?

Thank you!

Clakent

Re: Help! Moisturizer recommendations?

(0) Hearts

I would definitely recommend the Monsia moisturizer, especially the night cream. It's really hydrating plus it has anti-aging stuff and vitamin C.

carolang

(0) Hearts

Ahh do not waste the $45 on a full size of OH Sheer Transformation. I have combo oily skin that gets dried out by acne meds and the Sheer Transformation was NOT anywhere near heavy enough on the normal parts of my skin around my mouth and chin that get dried out. I stepped up to it from Cliniques gel moisturizer which I would sometimes have to put two coats on the dry parts of my face... still have to do it with Sheer Transformation and ouch $45?!

I am going back to the gel (which wouldn't be good for you, but) I prefer to spot treat the drier areas of my face with Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight mask (in the green tube, not to be confused with the 10 minute version in the white tube). This stuff is AMAZING. I'm trying my best to convert everyone haha. It was the first recommendation I got when I came to BT last year with scaly, red, dry, flaky winter skin (and still oily, ugh!). This is best for night but sometimes I'll pat it on during the cold days if I'm not wearing any make up. I am acne prone and do not have a problem with this. This stuff is pretty heavy so its more of a treatment but I use it in a thin coat as a second layer over my regular lightweight moisturizer. 

evno

(0) Hearts

The Korres Greek Yoghurt Advanced Sleeping Facial is great! It's very moisturizing and softening. I use it when my skin feels tired and tight.

Also, have you looked into using face oils? They're the best for dry skin! I have acne, but I've found that there are a lot of nonacnegenic options. Plus, face oils can help regulate your oil production. I personally use the Josie Maran Argan Infinity Cream, which is an oil blend, but I've heard good stuff about Tarte's maracuja oil and Boscia's tsubaki oil.

Also, beautytester did an awesome breakdown of a lot of facial oils: http://community.sephora.com/t5/All-Other-Concerns/Facial-oil-comparison-break-down-moisturizer-kind...

luchinda

(0) Hearts

I'm a huge fan of Fresh, and especially the lotus youth preserve - it's excellent for night moisturizing, without feeling too heavy. Love!

http://www.sephora.com/lotus-youth-preserve-face-cream-with-super-7-complex-P377123?skuId=1488352

knadala

(0) Hearts

original.jpgThis moisturizer for the colder seasons; odorless, hydrating, and thick without feeling heavy. I always have soft skin the next morning when I wear this overnight, and it doesn't irritate my blemishes.

missfawnie

I highly recommend you check out the Josie Maran Argan Infinity Cream Intensive Creamy Oil. I use this at night and it helps my skin stay hydrated- a definite must with this dry Las Vegas weather. 

Another product that I would recommend looking into is the Ole Henriksen
Truth Revealed Vitamin C Super Crème SPF 15. This is another moisturizer that was tested and prevailed in the dry desert weather. Another great benefit of this moisturizer is that it contains Vitamin C, which is known and proven to improve cell turnover- which will help acne scars fade and brighten your skin. The only warning that I can give is that it does have a slight orange/ citrus scent to it, so if you can't stand the scent, this may not be for you. 

I have acne-prone skin that is very sensitive to skin products, and neither of these have given me grief. 

evno

(0) Hearts

I second the Josie Maran Argan Infinity Cream. It's really intensive, and you don't need to use a lot.

JenBlush

(0) Hearts

I personally don't like moisterizers that leave the skin feeling oily and I found that korres is one of the few that don't leave my skin feeling oily. And I have found that the 24 hour one with vitamin C also has the brightening affect! 

brittany0859

(0) Hearts

I really love the sleeping facial! I used it for about two weeks and my face was starting to look more radiant. It did feel kinda heavy when I first put it on but my face was never greasy. I'm gonna do a few tests to make sure that's what is breaking  me out. I'm pretty sure it is though because I haven't used anything else that's new :smileysad:

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

I have super dry skin too and plummeting temperatures outside. I have supplemented my moisturizers with periodic maracuja oil or argan oil. It helped and I didn't break out, or get milia.

TrysBeautyItems

(0) Hearts

I use Korres and it feels fine with no break outs, how are you putting it on? I don't rub the sleeping facial in like a moisturizer, and I find a q-tip dipped in is enough to cover. I find the Korres 24hr too hydrating for me, so that could work.

Estee lauder daywear oil-free spf 25 is hydrating, also cucumber to sooth. Or maybe try a gel moisturizer like Clinique moisture surge, can also be applied whenever needed, over/under makeup. Both haven't made me break out.

brittany0859

(0) Hearts

I have a little spatula that I got from another product and just use a little bit since it is really thick. I've heard a lot of good things about moisture surge so I think I'll stop by Sephora and get a few samples. Thank you for your reply!

properlylost

I'm from Tennessee too and my skin definitely gets dry this time of year as well. I second Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation. It's worked really well for me for every day use and sometimes I'll use Josie Maran's Argan Oil overnight when it's especially dry.

brittany0859

(0) Hearts

I think I'm going to get a sample of this. I looked at it but I never thought it would be moisturizing enough. Thanks for your help!

ChicDabbler

Have you tried Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation? Korres rose facial make my face feel stuffy (altho no break out) and sheer transformation doesn't. Also for Origins, treatments are usually more lightweight than cream. I recommend trying the moisturizer version or try the High Potency Night-a-mins instead.

If brightening is something you want to focus on, I would recommend a brightening serum and a moisturizer that is moisturizing enough for your skin, brightening properties or not.

brittany0859

(0) Hearts

I have not tried that, but I've looked at it, I just wasn't sure it would be moisturizing enough for my skin. The Korres facial is super thick and doesn't absorb very quickly. I think I am going to go to my store and get some samples. Thanks for your help!

jellybean917

(0) Hearts

I love OH Sheer Transformation! It feels thick, but it goes on very light, yet hydrating. Amazing.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • ChicDabbler
    • properlylost
    • brittany0859
    • JenBlush
    • carolang
    • knadala