Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin

Help! Face Moisturizer for teenagers

So I have 2 girls 13 and 14yrs old. They always see me using skin care items and they are starting to get interested taking care of their skin. Which is good because I didnt do it when I was their age 😬

I want to ask what brands are good for teens for a face moisturizer? 

From sephora or any drugstore brand 😊

Thank you in advance!

Re: Help! Face Moisturizer for teenagers

@friedrice CeraVe PM is great!  

Thank you all for your recommendations I really appreciate it! We're going to take a trip and go Sephora 🙂 

Hi @friedrice,

What skin type would you say your daughters have? If they have combination skin, I think a good starter moisturizer for them would be the Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion for Blemish Prone/Oily Skin. This is a great way for them to keep pesky blemishes at bay, hydrate the skin, as well as reduce extra shine. 

Another good one to check out is the Ole Henriksen Counter Balance™ Oil Control Hydrator. This is a lightweight moisturizer good for all skin types and perfect for mattifying the skin as well. I hope this helps!

Cheers!
Nikko

I find the best thing for my skin is to use one moisturizer in the morning and one in the evening. In the morning, I use the estee edit pore vanishing primer. In the evening, I switch between the Klairs midnight blue calming cream ($28 on sokoglam.com) and the amore pacific hydra-gel oil free moisturizer ($100). Honestly, they work about the same, but the Klairs one is a bit heavier. They are all very good for teens, acne, and pores, but I would suggest augmenting with a more targeted treatment like masks or serums. Their acne may get worse when they hit high school and get stressed. Mine certainly did!

I'm 19 and still have the pretty much exact same skin as I did when I was 14 with just a little acne. I have recently found what is working super well for me right now and I use my foreo Luna (obviously an expensive totally option alspect) with the origins checks and balances frothy face wash. It foams up really nicely regardless of if you use a foreo and I absolutely love it because it's gentle and you hardly need any. im not sure if you are looking for a full skincare routine for them, but the fresh rose floral toner is wonderful as well and super easy because it's a spritz bottle. As for moisturizer I have found the Clinique pep start hydroblur moisturizer to be amazing. I would definitely say stop in a Sephora and get some samples of whatever products you're interested in with this stuff because even though the return policy is great, it's so much less of a hassle having to do all that. 

@friedrice, it will have to depend on their skin condition/type. Do they have acne or break out easily? Do they have dry skin with dry patches? Or, normal with no acne? Eczema at all? A bit more description would be helpful in providing you with recommendations. 🙂 

@NarNarNars they both have a little acne by the forehead area. Just those tiny red ones.

My 13 yr old one is sensitive to scented soaps and shampoo.

My14 yr old one had acne and shes been using Clearasil. I see sometimes she's oily on her T zones. 

If both girls have similar skin types/conditions, I would go with CeraVe foaming cleanser, and moisturize with their PM facial moisturizing lotion. For daytime, I would also wear sunscreen-- I've liked Clinique's super city block when I was in my teens. It's still quite highly regarded, so if they don't have any sunscreen that they are using currently, it's definitely worth a look. It's also oil free!

I personally would not use Clearasil pads (if that's what she's using), as this might be a bit too harsh for the skin. Instead, I'd go with spot treatments with salicylic acid. 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing