IttyxBittyxMe

Goood foundation and primer for oily/normal skin?

[ Edited ]

So this is my lovely boyfriend, and for the sake of our cosplays/costumes for a convention in August he has agreed to wear foundation.

image.jpg

His cheeks are normal, but in his t zone he gets really oily. Plus, his cheeks occasionally get and stay red out of no where...so something that can cover that just in case would be nice. I have dry skin so I have noooo idea what brands to even start looking at when it comes to primer and foundation. So I've come to you ladies and gents! Plus, what are some good blotting papers? I've heard those are good for oily people, but again, opposite end of the spectrum so I have no real idea. 

SFbeautyaddict

Re: Goood foundation and primer for oily/normal skin?

(0) Hearts

My skin is combination and I find the Hourglass Veil Primer to be great for getting rid of any shininess in my t-zone!

inmm

(0) Hearts

What about a powder foundation? Those tend to be better for oily skin.

missey1973

I know this may sound crazy but I heard that the napkins at Starbucks are the best blotting papers out there. Like you I have really dry skin so I have never used them myself.

IttyxBittyxMe

(0) Hearts

I've heard that same thing actually... May need to take a trip to Starbucks soon.

Zpsid91

They do work really well! I grab a handful whenever I actually go into a Starbuck's (vs. drive-through)...good to have a round in my purse or car for blotting...or when I inevitably spill something :smileyhappy:

b34utyb4by

(0) Hearts

MUFE Mat Velvet :smileyhappy:

andyhtrieu

If he wants a natural finish, try the MUFE HD foundation or the NARS Sheer Glow or Matte. He might need a setting powder in his T Zone. Both of these look really natural and flawless in photos and in person. The NARS has more coverage than the MUFE. You can also try looking at RCMA foundations at camerareadycosmetics. It's perfect for men because it can provide full coverage without looking cakey or feeling heavy or it can be sheered down. It also looks really natural in photos and in person. Again, you might need a setting powder

For primer, try the Becca Ever Matte Shine Proof primer. For a more affordable option, the Boots No. 7 Beautifully Matte makeup base works great as well. 

Tesa224

Hey IttyxBittyxMe, 

I like using these three products together, it works well for me. I have an oily t zone and normal cheeks.

Estee Lauder double wear foundation

MAC oil control lotion (only on oily areas)

L'oreal magic perfecting base (all over after oil control lotion)

Hope this helps your search :smileyhappy: 

Spoiler

nikki

(0) Hearts

Love MAC's oil control lotion.

Tesa224

Hey nikki, 

I love it too! It's such an amazing product for oily skin.  

gogreyhound

Target's brand of Up & Up blotting sheets are amazing! They are the "plastic" kind nd suck up tons of oil, plus they are about 5 dollars for a pack of 70. I use them all the time, highly recommend!! I use powder foundations with light to medium coverage, so I don't think I can give you advice in that department...Have fun!! :smileyhappy:

BuxomBabe80

(0) Hearts

I agree that Target's blotting sheets are great! I get some from Sephora too that I like. I think I got them recently on the Sale page. 

IttyxBittyxMe

(0) Hearts

We'll take a look at those, thank you! 

jellybean917

Am I allowed to say he's really cute without having advice to give you? :smileyhappy:

BuxomBabe80

(0) Hearts

I was thinking the same thing. He's hot, IttyxBittyxMe!

IttyxBittyxMe

Yes, it's ok. xD He likes it when I tell him people find him cute or attractive.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 22 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • nikki
    • inmm
    • jellybean917
    • IttyxBittyxMe
    • Zpsid91
    • missey1973