catherineu2

Face mask help

Can anyone suggest a face mask that helps combo, acne prone skin with blackheads and fine lines that's not too expensive? Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

AmyC

Re: Face mask help

(0) Hearts

Does Fresh's Rose Face Mask address these same concerns? Interested in trying this and I have some of the same concerns as the original poster.

ChicDabbler

Unfortunately it doesn't. It tones, hydrates and brightens. Not sure if the effect is temporary, but I can vouch for how good it feels on the skin. T.T it's too expensive for a "fun" item for me.

AmyC

(0) Hearts

Alright, thank you. Kat Von D raves about this particular item so wanted to see what the benefits actually were. Will read more reviews and such too. But, this isn't the first time I've heard it doesn't live up to the hype.

jennypenny1995

I've only used the samples, so haven't yet had to find out how much a whole box costs, but I'm loving Murad's Pomegranate mask.  It uses fruit acids to slough away dead skin cells, and yet it is extremely gentle enough for me to use twice weekly.  Instant softness and smoother skin, especially post-breakout time!

catherineu2

Thanks @beautylovingirl!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@catherineu2-  Yeah some of those articles can be a little craa craa. Hope you find your perfect one.:smileyhappy:

catherineu2

@beautylovingirl: Oh ok lol! I remember reading that somewhere a long time ago.

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]

@catherineu2- Peel off mask do not make you have more facial hair. But what ever you choose best of luck!:smileyhappy:

catherineu2

(0) Hearts

I've been trying to find a mask to do everything but maybe I should get 2 different ones. One for acne/blackheads & one for fine lines/aging. I've found cleansers & moisturizers that help with both but not a mask. The only one I've found that seems to do everything is GLAMGLOW's Super Mud Clearing Treatment but it's 69 bucks and I didn't really like GLAMGLOW's Tingling & Exfoliating Mud Mask when I got a sample. Oh well, thanks for all the suggestions & help!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

The last two I mentioned help with fine lines/texture. The Wei one pssibly more than the Apivita.

Since they're clay based you won't have to worry about tacky or sticky textures of peel off masks.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

You might consider Murad's Clarifying Mask, which is clay based to draw out excess oils, impurities, and uses ingredients like sulphur and salicylic acid to treat break outs but incorporates zinc, lavender, licorice, and grape seed extract to soothe, even your complexion, and nourish skin.

Apivita also has their Express Beauty Green Clay Mask, which is good for combo skin tackling issues like blemishes, and infusing skin with botanicals and antioxidants. A similar mask is Wei's Golden Root Purifying Mud Mask. Herbs infused into the formula help with healthy cell turnover to soften skin, improve texture, and target fine lines along with purifying and drawing out impurities.

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Hmm, most mask either deals with acne/blackheads/pores or hydration/anti-aging, but not both. These 2 seems to satisfy your criteria (I haven't tried them yet but want to, would love it if you let me know if it works. =))

http://www.sephora.com/miracle-revival-mud-skin-restoring-treatment-mask-P376499?skuId=1450733

http://www.sephora.com/golden-root-purifying-mud-mask-P377578?skuId=1500065

The Boscia black mask kind of stings my eyes cuz of the fragrance, but I'm actually a fan of Origins Charcoal. It doesn't do anti-aging but does help with the problem/clean pores for me and is especially effective after a shower. It does take a while to rinse off, when it's mostly off, I gently rub with a wet facial wash clothe all over once to make sure everything's gone.

catherineu2

(0) Hearts

I found I had to use a lot or it was really hard to get off.  Plus I found out that peels can cause you to have more facial hair.  It also just didn't do anything for my skin but make it soft.

Spyski

(0) Hearts

Hmm, I'd try the Origins charcoal mask out. It's less expensive then the Boscia and doesn't have that "goopy" consistency involved in the peel-off technique. 

Spyski

Boscia Black Mask 

A peel-off mask for luminizing, detoxifying, and purifying results made for acne and sensitive prone skin. It's what I use, and I have combo/acne prone skin with blackheads on my nose. It's really fun too, you end up looking like a super hero when you put it on! It's always nice to actually see what impurities you're taking off as well.

http://www.sephora.com/luminizing-black-mask-P266800

Another option if you don't like the peel-off technique would be Origins Charcoal Mask. I haven't personally used this one yet, but ithas just as much hype as the Boscia mask.

http://www.sephora.com/clear-improvement-active-charcoal-mask-to-clear-pores-P297524?skuId=1375773

catherineu2

(0) Hearts

I tried Boscia's Black Luminizing Mask and I didn't like it. Thanks for trying to help though!

Spyski

What didn't you like about it, so we can help you find the right one for your preference?

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Bosica Black Luminizing Mask. You can research it to see if it is right for you. Hope this helps!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • AmyC
    • jennypenny1995
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler
    • catherineu2
    • beautylovingirl