AmyC

Detoxifying Mask Recomendations!

(0) Hearts

Hello, I have combination acne prone skin and I tried the Glam Glow super mud mask and have tried it three separate times unhappy with the results so I will be exchanging it for another product. I have been looking at Fresh's Black Tea Mask as I am in absolutely IN LOVE with the Fresh Rose Mask. However, I am getting conflicting results trying to find out if it is detoxifying. When I google it, some websites say it is but the Sephora representative that I just spoke to says it is not. Are there any detoxifying masks that are not clay based? Looking to try something a bit different. Thank you!   

DTalksAll

Re: Detoxifying Mask Recomendations!

(0) Hearts

Another vote for the Bliss Steep Clean mask! 

Remember you won't see a drastic change instantly. You will need to use the mask 1-2x a week for about a month or two before you will see major results. 

Also to help the mask really penetrate I steam some water over the stove & cover my head with a towel over the pot for a few minutes to open up more pores before applying the mask. 

miabt

(0) Hearts

Hi AmyC,

Bummer that the Glam Glow mask didnt work for you, its one of my favorites!  I tried out the Fresh Black Tea Mask the other day & love it :smileyhappy:  You can also try the Boscia Clarifying Detox Mask or the Bliss Steep Clean Mask.  I have acne prone skin & had great results with both!

Boscia - Clarifying Detox Mask

http://www.sephora.com/clarifying-detox-mask-P61214?skuId=744888

Bliss - Steep Clean® Mask

http://www.sephora.com/steep-clean-mask-P51101?skuId=1026863

xo, Mia

garnett

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

The Fresh Rose Mask is basically aimed at calming and hydrating skin and is probably good for most skin types.  It doesn't contain ingredients that would deal with removing oils and impurities from the skin.  The same holds true for the Fresh Black Tea Mask.  It's main purpose is dealing with more mature skin and skin with fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging.  Again, it really doesn't contain anything that would deal with acne, pimples, blackheads, etc.

I have heard very good things about Dr. Dennis Gross Clarifying Colloidal Sulfur Mask.  I have two friends that have oily skin with lots of issues and they both love it.  Some of the reviewers said that they left it on all night.  I would caution against doing  that the first time anyone would use the product.  I would give it a test run for 15 min to 30 min and see how my skin reacts to it. 

AmyC

(0) Hearts

Thanks so much everyone! Have to decide what I really want. Looks like the Dr. Dennis Gross Clarifying Colloidal Sulfur Mask applies with pre-soaked pads?

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • AmyC
    • DTalksAll
    • miabt
    • garnett