Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Deep Cleaning Cleanser

Hello! I'm looking for the perfect cleanser. I wear a lot of makeup on a daily basis and as a result I need something to really deep clean my pores, but something that won't strip my skin - I have slightly sensitive skin that's combination. It definitely has its dry areas, but I can get oily especially when I wear makeup in the t-zone. My ideal cleanser would lightly exfoliate, but nothing too harsh. Suggestions? Thanks!

Re: Deep Cleaning Cleanser

To remove full-face makeup and really cleanse the skin, I highly recommend double cleansing. Start with an oil to help take the makeup off. I prefer The Face Shop's Rice Water Cleansing Oil, but I also really like Shiseido's Perfect Cleansing Oil which Sephora does sell (although it's much more expensive). After rinsing the oil, follow with a gentle ph-balanced gel or foaming cleanser. I've tried a million of these and still come back to Philosophy's Purity- it just works well with my skin. To get an extra deep clean, a few times a week I will follow that with something for physical exfoliation since my skin responds well to that. Sometimes it's the Clarisonic, sometimes it's a scrub, like the PTR pumpkin mask or OH Polishing Sugar Mask. 

I would highly recommend a cleansing oil!  I've been using Julep's cleansing oil for a few months now and its completely transformed my skin.  I no longer have problems with acne/oiliness, and it completely removes all my makeup (even waterproof mascara) gently while hydrating.

Hi @heyitslexx,

I wear a lot of make up as well so I really like it when my cleanser that makes my skin feel fresh and hydrated. 

I really enjoy the First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser. It is soft cleanser, but removes any left over make up and leaves my skin feeling so soft!  

I also really like the Make Up Break Up Cleansing Oil. I like this cleanser because not only does it remove make up it helps even my skin tone and hydrates the skin.

I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

I double cleanse, first with an oil, and then with ExfoliKate Daily Wash.

If you like an Oil, I have been loving Caudalie's MakeUp Removing Cleansing Oil. I also love their Instant Foaming Cleanser. Both incredible products that will clean your skin really well without drying it out.

Good luck!!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing