pina801

Cleanser and Moisturizer for Combo/Oily Skin (not acne prone)

(0) Hearts

Hello Beauties!

I need help with a finding a new cleanser and moisturizer to help with the cold weather transition! I'm combo/oily (super oily t-zone but normal everywhere else) but not acne prone. I find that using products that are geared toward oily skin dry my normal parts out but using products for combo skin makes my oily t-zone even oilier. Right now I'm combating t-zone oil with BAD dry patches around my chin and mouth!

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!!

jrah822

Re: Cleanser and Moisturizer for Combo/Oily Skin (not acne prone)

(0) Hearts

I have an oily t-zone and a dry everywhere-else-zone. I'd recommend balm or oil cleansers. REN makes a nice balm cleanser; Josie Maran does a good oil cleanser. Origins Checks and Balances is nice, but I find when I am at my most "combo" my skin reacts better to the balmier cleansers.

As for moisturizers, I've used Origins GinZing for years. One of the few moisturizers that actually does its job without making my forehead look shiny a couple minutes later. I've also tried Josie Maran's argan oil and argan oil light...both are ok if you are looking for a simple product, but there are better, more complex skin care items out there. Perhaps look into serums, which can be lighter than heavier, more emollient moisturizers.

Using a chemical exfoliant can help as well. FAB's toner pads are a great option for this...they will sweep away dead skin cells and leave the flaky parts of your face feeling smooth while helping control the oilier parts. As for other toners, Korres' pomegranate toner is great for combo skin.

Good luck :smileyhappy:

CaitlinBrunson

I have the EXACT same skin type! Try Fresh Soy Cleanser. It has done wonders for balancing out my skin. I'd also try Korres yoghurt cleanser. Both are pretty natural and mineral oil free so it won't clog your pores. I'm also searching for my perfect moisturizer. Try Claudalie's Beauty Elixir. It offers hydration but isn't too thick. 

StephanieM204

Please do not use a foaming cleanser! It will just dry out your dry patches even more. Try using a cleanser aimed for combo skin and then an exfoliating toner over the parts that get oily. I have tried the moisture surge from clinique and found it to be nice, but not as nice as the korres wild rose face cream.. I have the exact same skin as you and still got flaky in areas with the moisture surge. Also the fact that it is a gel means that some makeup does not sit on it well! Hope this was helpful.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

If the foaming cleanser doesn't have SLS, then it might still be ok for combo/oily skin. 

knadala

(0) Hearts

1136513_fpx.jpgClinique has great customizable skincare sets; I have the same type of skin and it never causes breakouts or irritations and it is actually soothing and refreshing.

clq_6LKH_250.jpgThis is my all time favorite moisturizer because it can hydrate during hot weather without making your face feel heavy and oily. It can also hydrate under cold weather and instead of evaporating, it sinks into the skin. I use this every day and I wear it under my makeup and my skin has been happy!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • pina801
    • knadala
    • jrah822
    • CaitlinBrunson
    • StephanieM204