cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Cleanser Recommendations please!

Hi guys! 

So um, I'm kinda embarrassed to admit that I need a new face cleanser and I am fully unprepared to make this decision for myself. Frankly, I generally use whatever comes across my desk but it seems that I have run out of EVERYTHING and I have no backups (the horror). So I figured I'd ask the experts. 🙂

I need something for combo / oily (not sensitive) skin, non-foaming that I can use w/ my Clarisonic. Obvs has to be sold at Sephora. 😄

And while we're at it, what's your favorite moisturizer with SPF? (ya know, cuz, summer). 

Thanks loves!

Re: Cleanser Recommendations please!

I also use a Clarisonic:)

I prefer light, SLS-free, gentle, liquid or gel cleansers with my Clarisonic.  The gel cleansers by Boscia are great.  You should also give Laura Mercier's oil cleanser a try.  It is very light, almost like water.  It really penetrates the skin which is excellent with your Clarisonic.

Day Moisturizer 

Murad Essential C Day Lotion SPF 30 is great

Day Lotion + Vitamin C

I also like using dermatologist recommended spf drug store lotions with the Philosophy Turbo C Booster powder.  It eliminates the need for any primer, evens skin tone, protects from free radicals, and really makes your skin look younger/glowing:)

Hi, Candace!

Here are a few of my favorite cleansers. I will warn that one is foaming, but it doesn't contain sulfates and it absolutely will NOT dry out your skin. It's my workhorse, my everlasting love cleanser: First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser. My combo skin has been happy for years with this stuff!

http://www.sephora.com/face-cleanser-P248404?skuId=1217710

The second cleanser I'd recommend, which does not foam up but is milky and silky, is Sunday Riley's Ceramic Slip. If you're sensitive to essential oils, I'd look elsewhere, though. I like combining this with Good Genes as a mask, but I don't use it daily because my skin can sometimes be finnicky about EOs.

http://www.sephora.com/ceramic-slip-clay-cleanser-P309310

Lastly, if you love cleansing oils like I do, the offering from Biossance is LOVE. I also really enjoy the Vitamin B Enzyme Cleansing Oil from One Love Organics, but alas, Sephora doesn't carry it. Get on it, Sephora!

http://www.sephora.com/squalane-antioxidant-cleansing-oil-P416560

As for SPF, you can't go wrong with Clinique's newest Pep Start formula, which is a mineral sunscreen and very gentle. Easy to reapply over makeup, too! Just use light, patting motions. I've actually purchased an empty cushion compact and filled it with stuff to bring with me to reapply. Perfect.

http://www.sephora.com/pep-start-daily-uv-protector-broad-spectrum-spf-50-P415773

RE: Cleanser Recommendations please!

Philosophy Purity facial cleanser and Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion for Face/Body. SPF50. Both are gentle but effective. Good luck!

you HAVE to try the glossier jelly cleanser! ohmylord its soooo good! belif and klairs are good brands too

I love the Tata Harper Cleansers like @greenchili mentioned. My favorite is the Regenerating and the Purifying 🙂 

I really like Philosophy's Purity cleanser. It foams up slightly with the Clarisonic and is at a good pH level. 

@candacebt

I have suggestions 🙂

I don't use a Clarisonic, but I think these wouldwork.  I would only avoid balm and oil cleansers with a Clarisonic (and scrubby cleaners as well).

These are all skin cleansers - I wouldn't use them to remove makeup.  So I suggest removing makeup before using these.

NUDE Omega Jelly

Tata Harper Refreshing Cleanser

Tata Harper Purifying Cleanser

Ren Evercalm cleansing milk

Glossier Milk Jelly cleanser

Omorovicza Cream Cleanser

Kate Somerville Goat Milk cleanser

Any chance I could persuade you to ditch the clarisonic?

* Runs off before the shoes fly...*

When I used a clarion if I used the Boscia clack cleanser religiously. I like that one a lot. How do you remove makeup @candacebt?

Cotton pads (or the shiseido ones when I'm feeling fancy) and micellar water, mainly for my eye makeup. Then I wash. I'm literally SO low maintenance when it comes to my face. You'd think I'd have a better routine, lol. When I don't have makeup on I just use wipes! 

Among my current favourite cleansers the one that can be used with Clarisonic is Boscia thermal black Cleanser. It isn't overly foamy to strip the skin but foaming enough to use with Clarisonic. I bet you may have already tried it at some point though.

I very rarely go into the sun but when I do, I have two favourite sunscreens. 

Clinique city lock if I want something with a little bit of tint and Shiseido URban Enviornment otherwise. The Shiseido one does have a white cast though so I have to be careful wearing it at the end of summer when ai have got the tan, it can look ashy on my skin tone. Still on the look out for one I can call my favourite though.

Thank you for the recs! I have tried the Boscia Cleanser and I do really like it. I find the consistency to be a bit trying for me though, maybe too thick? I did get good results with it though.

Yeah the white cast sunscreens are tough for me. I find it's usually the ones with a high spf.

I am currently loving (for many months now actually) the Youth to the people kale + green tea/spinach vitamins cleanser. SO good! It smells divine..fresh and "green".

One of the reasons I like it because it is a gel cleanser so doesn't foam crazy and I do use very little like half a pump if light or no makeup on my face and it does a great job removing everything (even regular mascara if I am lazy to double cleanse like 90% the time). 

It should work great with the clarisonic. I am the type to usually switch out cleansers mid bottle coz I get bored or nothing wows me except this! I am almost out so this is a good reminder to grab a back up lol! @candacebt

As for a good moisturiser with spf..I am on the hunt for one that is unscented or atleast not strongly scented for days I am indoors.. so I will look out for more suggestions here 😊 Currently I am using a regular moisturizer (caudalie sorbet or SR ceo) and layering sunscreen over (I am rotating a few faves right now). 

Oooh! I've heard good things about youth to the people. I'll check it out. Thank you!

Great let me know if you get to try it and how you like it! @candacebt

My absolute favorite cleanser is the Fresh Soy Cleanser. It's hydrating, cleanses my skin well, doesn't leave my face feeling stripped, and the smell doesn't irritate me. I've been trying to find cheaper dupes of this cleanser, but it's been hard so I'm just going to take the plunge! Also, I feel like this helped to control my oil, however, I'm not sure how it works with a Clarisonic. 

Oh yeah this is my old work horse! I hoard travel sizes and keep them in all of my bags. It actually works great with a Clarisonic. Now you're reminding me that I should see if I have one in a box somewhere, lol. Thank you!

One of my fave cleansers is the Caudalie Gentle Cleansing Milk. Good for combo/oily skin, non foaming and can be used around the eyes. A Clarisonic will work great with it too. I was going to say the Korres Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cleanser (one of my all time faves) but you want non-foaming. Hope this helps!

Oooh I do love everything Caudalie. Thank you!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
testing