brittany0859

Cleanse recommendations?

Right now I'm using Purity and I usually do a double cleanse, one to remove makeup and then one to cleanse but lately after I use it, my skin is really tight so i think I'm going to exchange it for something else. I have combo dry skin and I do get breakouts but usually cleansers with acne fighting ingredients are way too harsh. I'm really wanting something that will remove my makeup as well. I'm looking at Ren Rosa Centifolia cleanser, First Aid Cleanser, Korres Milk Proteins 3 in 1 cleansing emulsion. There's just so many options, I'm lost. I would like to keep it under $25 Thanks!

chupi

Re: Cleanse recommendations?

(0) Hearts

I also recommend Boscia Black cleanser. 

Any "milk", non-foaming cleanser should be good. I love Skyn Iceland. Or even a cleansing oil.

evno

[ Edited ]

My HG has been Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser. It's an oil-based cleanser that removes all stubborn, waterproof eye makeup. You don't have to use much, and it's very gentle and moisturizing. Cheap, too! You can get a 9.5 oz. container for $8 at a drugstore. 

I recommend massaging in a dime-sized amount for your whole face. Let it sit for a while, wipe it off, and rinse your face. For eye makeup, do one eye closed at a time the same way. upload_9027285531767506241.jpg

Another tip for cleansing dry skin is to cut down the times you cleanse per day. I have normal to dry skin and cleanse 2 times a day. But for winter, I rinse my face with only warm water in the mornings, and I've found my skin is much happier!

katief241981

(0) Hearts

My "go to" cleanser is Cetaphil face cleanser.  Hypoallergenic. Dye Free. Fragrance Free.  Leaves my face feeling CLEAN.  And, it's cheap.  

CaitlinBrunson

(0) Hearts

The Daily cleanser actually does have fragrance in it! 

LittleKeepup

I like the Kiehls ultra facial cleanser too

infinitise

(0) Hearts

I've used the Philosophy purity made simple before, it was good but not amazing. 

Clarins gentle cleanser was really nice too not as drying.. 

Origins checks and balances really does a good job of cleansing too 

clinique.. not so much.. its like you have to do makeup remover first, then the bar soap, then the liquid.. and still not feel as clean as you did you the clarins or origin 

Korres ones were okay.. nothing more than that 

Peter Thomas Roth the orange gel one was also okay.. made my face red a little bit everytime I used it 

and some drug store ones that I don't even like 

I'm using the Dr. Bronners.. they are the best I've tried.. it makes my face squeaky clean without over drying. 

brittany0859

(0) Hearts

Thank you! I've heard good things about the Origins one, so I think I'll look into it as well

linda711

I have used Purity for years but I also like to switch it up once in awhile.  I've been loving the Boscia Black Detoxing cleanser and I love it. I also have combo skin and this balances me out nicely, and makeup comes right off without alot of pressure.   Good stuff.

CaitlinBrunson

(0) Hearts

I don't know exactly why, but I've always hated the Purity cleanser. I don't know if it is a juvenile "I want to be different" phase or what, but to me , it has the same feeling as Cetephil. For your price point I would try the FAB Daily cleanser with Antioxidant Booster (If you truly have sensitive skin) and Kiehls Ultra Facial Cleanser. 

brittany0859

(0) Hearts

Thank you! I've never tried Kiehls, but I've heard really good things, I think I'll loo into this product

CaitlinBrunson

(0) Hearts

No problem! Here to help! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • chupi
    • brittany0859