jaydensmom11

Breakouts keep popping up!

I'm almost 25, this is getting embarrassing.  I've been buying products that I think will for sure work and don't!  Please tell me someone has an awesome secret they want to share?  I have 5 pimples on my face right now!  Just popped up out of no where!

fashionforlife18

Re: Breakouts keep popping up!

(0) Hearts

Also, for a normal face wash I swear by the brand AcneFree. Their face wash is a HG product for me. It only costs about $5-6 and its so great. Doesn't dry out your skin just leaves you feeling clean. The benzoyl peroxide keeps acne at bay too. You can get it at Target, CVS, etc.

fashionforlife18

(0) Hearts

I had the same problem as you for the longest time. I was so oily and breaking out all the time for no reason. It was getting ridiculous! I found that no matter what products I used nothing was working, not proactiv, not any high end products, no drugstore products either. I finally decided to get to the root of it and found that my birth control pill was hugely affecting my skin so I switched. Also I went to a dermatologist. He recommended antibiotics, that didn't work though and really upset my stomach. Finally, I went on accutane. Yes, I realize this is a very serious drug and definitely not for everyone but it worked for me and my skin. I never break out anymore and my skin just overall feels normal again. Bottom line: I'd suggest an all around approach and not just the products you're using. It could something as simple as brushes that haven't been cleaned in a while, or something a little more difficult like my situation. Hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

CaitlinBrunson

(0) Hearts

Take Omega 3 (fish oil) vitamins or flax seed oil! I SWEAR by this!  I promise you, its a life saver especially during hormonal breakouts. I get cystic acne and it is the WORST and since it is under the skin, nothing much can be done topically. I'd also look into your diet. Dairy can have a huge effect on people and drink water like its your job!

I'd also check to make sure none of your skincare products have mineral oil in it. Make up is okay going further I'd try and not because they do clog your pores. 

For product recommendations I'd check out Kate Sommerville's Breakout Banisher. This stuff is amazing! I'd also be using a good clay mask often. Also, since you said that it is stress related I would look at antihistamines and anti-inflammatory products. 

CaitlinBrunson

(0) Hearts

OH! Ren's Clay Cleanser would also be AMAZING for you! I use it when I'm breaking out! 

sunflower837

Have you tried Clarins Lotus Oil?  It is extremely gentle, moisturizing, brightening, and soothing for breakouts.  It also helps reduce oil the next day.  It is pricey, but a little goes a LONG way. 

I also recommend PTR's UnWrinkle Peel Pads and Philosophy Help Me.  The combination of a strong, yet gentle, peel plus a retinol treatment clears my pores.  

Best of luck with whatever you try!!

killahbabe

I HIGHLY recommend Paula's Choice acne kit! I'm 26 and within the past year have had hormonal break outs (acne was never an issue for me as a teen). I really love Paula's liquid exfoliator as I have sensitive skin. I've also been using Origin's face oil to keep my skin soft and hydrated as acne products sometimes tend to dry out. For an exceptionally stubborn break out I use Mario Badescu's drying lotion directly on the pimple. These items have been helping a great deal. In fact, just last night, a Sephora manager commented on my "fabulous skin." I hope this helps! =)

melisa16

For the past two years, I have been suffering from breakouts and a few months ago I bought retinol from CVS on a whim, and WOW. Now, I rarely breakout, and skin is more softer. So you could always try retinol, or try to build a better skincare routine, if you don't have one right now!

TrysBeautyItems

What products are you using and skin type? Are they non-comedogenic, contain tons of silicones (these can clog pores), oil-free, non-fragrance?

Using too many products and/or too much can also overload/strip your skin, causing it to breakout to compensate. Are you using products long enough to see a difference?

PoesRevy

Hi jaydensmom11,

What are you using as a cleanser/wash or to wash with? And all other products you use. Thanks...

jaydensmom11

(0) Hearts

I purchased the All-In-1 Acne Control from Neutrogena and then the Clearisil acne cleansing pads/wipes.  Not doing their job though!

CecyU

Hi!

I have no pimples anymore! But what works for me is keeping my face hydrated. I have a mixed skin, so I must use special products for my face.

I recommend you KIELH'S. Works great. Vitamin C makes your face prettier than ever. I promise to you, it'll work wonders on your face.

Also, for makeup, I use NARS. The perfect combination for a face that is oily in the T-zone. 

Hope it works for you!

jaydensmom11

(0) Hearts

Omgsh, the beauty boot camp thing I've been talking about is all about Vitamin C for your face, it's all they talk about, so it really works huh?  I have several marks left over from acne, does it help with that?

properlylost

I never had any zits until my twenties so I feel your pain. Like jojobe said it can happen for a lot of reasons. Mine mostly was from my skin getting oily and stress. What products ended up working for me were Clinique's liquid cleanser and toner to help keep the oil at bay and making sure to use oil-free products. Then using Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta peels helped a lot too. I don't use them every day, but when I get breakouts it helps them go away quicker and also has helped prevent scarring and reduce discoloration. And for a spot treatment or facial Fresh's Umbrian Clay treatment bar is awesome and also not harsh if you have sensitive skin. I'm sure you know it already too, but making sure you drink enough water and get enough sleep helps immensely too.

jaydensmom11

(0) Hearts

I really think it's stress, from work and children to finances, etc.  I really want to try the Alpha Beta peels!

jojobe

Oh I am so sorry I have been in your shoes and there was no Beauty Talk to help me out. It is a desperate sort of feeling like you just want to hide until they go away. Well a lot of different things can cause a breakout- stress change, hormone changes( yes a lot of things affect these) - hydration, diet. If any of these things have changed it can wreak havoc on your system and unfortunately once they appear there is not too much that will work. I have used the eradikate by kate Somerville but it has an awful sulfer smell that I hope you have no one that sleeps next to you but you have to follow the directions. I would drink some extra water and have a check of your thyroid if it continues to be a problem and sometimes you just have to adjust your skincare routine. I currently use the oil cleansing method which takes a little time but I have seen a dramatic (good) change in my skin. There are a lot of lines out there to help combat this problem too but over the years I have found that diet and water play the most important role.

DesertRose0706

i am 25 and still get bad blemishes if i am not diligent with my skin routine. i have found that using a product with benzoyl peroxide works best for me.  I use the DDF 5% benzoyl peroxide cream with tea tree oil every night before bed and this really helps keep my skin clear.  i also use a sulfur mask a couple times a week, which helps keep the deeper, cystic type acne away.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 12 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • fashionforlife18
    • killahbabe
    • melisa16
    • jojobe
    • sunflower837
    • properlylost