Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Blackheads

What is the best product for blackheads and big pores? 

Anonymous Insider

RE: Blackheads

I use the Neutrogena blackhead eliminator cleanser/mask and it works great!!!

Re: Blackheads

@lisa425

Cleanser: use a liquid cleanser.  I like Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser

Mechanical exfoliation: I prefer Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash, but Neutrogena has some good ones (just avoid ones with grapefruit or menthol, etc)

**Chemical exfoliation: BHA is a must!  Only Paula's Choice makes good ones.  I love the 9%, but the 2% is also a good place to start.

Oil blotting: Target makes some great inexpensive sheets.

Prescription: If the above doesn't help enough, then I recommend Retin-A.

God luck!

Nothing will change your pores size. Visibly it is possible but when it washes off you end up with the samepores size.

Simply blackhead is your sebum that oxidesed, normalizing sebum production leads you to less blackheads. 

The best thing for blackheads is acids.

BHA is more helpful when you have clogged pores and black heads.

AHA is more useful if you have texture issues.

There are tons of products with them. AHA makes your skin sun sensetive meaning you need to wear spf, BHA does not. I recommend to start with Avene cleneance toner and see how it works for you.

A good mask or exfoliator, but make sure it's appropriate for your skin type (search BeautyTalk will give you tons of recommendations from same questions in the past). 

Also, since it's summer, make sure you are cleansing well and not using a moisturizer that is too rich/heavy/thick, which might clog your pores and give you blackheads.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing