sydmarsis15

Blackhead Clearing Cleanser/Mask

Hi, guys!

So, I'm in need of a mask or cleanser that will help clear out blackheads or minimize them. I have them pretty bad on my nose and I get a few on my cheeks near my nose. My skin is normal, not oily, not dry. It's also not very sensitive. 

I've only got one mask that actually pulls the blackheads out, and it's Glamglow. The only problem is if I use two times in a row, the mask doesn't work the third time and I have to try something else. After using other masks, it works again two times and then I have to switch again. One other mask that helps a little is the Peter Thomas Roth Sulfur Cooling Masque. It helps but not that much.

Other than that nothing else really has any effect on them, though. I've tried Exfolikate, but it dried out my skin and left the sides of my nose raw and my skin isn't even sensitive. It also had no effect on my blackheads. I've tried the Boscia Luminzing Black Mask and the Purifying Pore Strips and neither of those do anything but pull off dead skin. 

Sorry that's so long :smileyfrustrated: Thank you so much in advance!

BeautyJunkie325

Re: Blackhead Clearing Cleanser/Mask

(0) Hearts

I have the Dr. Brandt Pore Vacuum & its okay. Honestly my GlamGlow white mask & Origins Charcoal work a bit better. 

Jenji

Dr. Brandt has a blackhead remover vacuum product and it seems to work quite well. I find you may not see the results that day or like right after you finish using the product but after a little while you can really seem to see the effects :smileyhappy:

sydmarsis15

(0) Hearts

I've heard of that before, I may have to get a bottle. Thank you for your help! :smileyhappy:

quixotic

[ Edited ]

Hi sydmarsis -

You might want to consider adding a daily chemical exfoliant to your skincare routine.  Whether a blackhead or a sebaceous filament (both are caused by the same process), both have dead skin cells built up around the hair follicle.  Clearing out those dead skin cells with a chemical exfoliant may help reduce their visibility.  

I have the same issue as you and as my pores have enlarged as I get older, it has become more of a problem.  I use the Perricone MD Intensive Pore Minimizer (IPM) and Intensive Pore Treatment (IPT) in combination.  The IPT contains glycolic acid and both contain salicylic acid, which is oil-soluble - this means it can penetrate the oil in my pores to help clear out the dead cells.  Both also have alpha lipoic acid and DMAE, which can decrease the size of enlarged pores by tightening the skin, and both are fantastic antioxidants. The "black" we see in a blackhead/sebaceous filament is the sebum oxidizing when exposed to air - I don't know if these antioxidants are helping prevent that, but I do know that after one month of use, my pores are much less visible and look of "blackheads" is going away.

You can get a good deal buying these two products together as the "Enlarged Pores Kit."  You get two full-sized bottles of the IPM and the IPT for under $100 (they retail separately for $130.)  Another option is the First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads.  Just look for a chemical exfoliant that is gentle enough to be used every day.  AHAs (citric, glycolic, lactic, malic and tartaric acids) should be in a concentration of 5-8% and/or BHA (salicylic acid) should be in a concentration of 1-2%.

I hope you find this info helpful!

sydmarsis15

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much for all of the information! It was extremely helpful, I appreciate it. I just got a Murad Acne kit with salicylic acid, I'll see how they work. I also think I may have a small bottle of the Radiance Pads, but I'll have to try out the Perricone stuff after I finish everything else. Thank you again for all of your help! :smileyhappy:

TheBronzeGodess

you should try Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask... It's amazing

fatimamummy

Have you tried Murad's blackhead and pore clearing duo

http://www.sephora.com/blackhead-pore-clearing-duo-P379905?skuId=1538271

It is not a HG ,,,,,  but it clear the blackheads for a couple of days.I use this duo and Boscia Luminizing Black Mask alternatively and it works well for me.

sydmarsis15

(0) Hearts

I didn't know they had one, but I do love their stuff. I'll have to look it up. Thanks! 

weeeeweeeeeee

Have you tried Origins Clear Improvement™ Active Charcoal Mask? My boy   friend uses it and pulls everything out of his face! You can alternate between this and the Glawglow. As far as extractions go, I suggest doing it after a hot shower when your pores are opened, before you start extracting cleaning your tool of choice with alcohol! When you are done, rewash the nose area or extraction area then follow with a toner to seal in the pores and then your regular routine of moisturizer and whatever else.

sydmarsis15

(0) Hearts

I haven't, I'll have to check it out. Thank you so much for the tips! :smileyhappy:

JayReed

A facial will do wonders for your skin if you get extractions! 

A Clarisonic will become your best friend with upkeep! 

p.s. don't let and esthetician tell you that a clarisonic is not good for you!! :smileyhappy: lol

luvtoshop97

(0) Hearts

yupe clarisonic with deep pore brush works wonders

TheBronzeGodess

i agree... Clarisonic is definitely my best friend :smileywink:

sydmarsis15

Hahah, thank you! I have the Mia 2 but it hasn't done much for my blackheads. I have been thinking about getting one of those extractors from Sephora, though. Thanks again! :smileyhappy:

TrysBeautyItems

You probably don't have blackheads on the nose, rather sebaceous filaments, which don't go away. Pore strips are a no-no they will do more harm than good, as they can damage the skin and cause broken capillaries.

sydmarsis15

I have those on the sides of my nose around my nostrils and they never go away. I just figured since I could get rid of the ones on my nose they must have been regular blackheads, but you're probably right. Thank you so much for the help. :smileyvery-happy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 20 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • quixotic
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • luvtoshop97
    • fatimamummy
    • TrysBeautyItems