xoxocatrina

Advice on skincare routine

I am approaching my late-20s and have yet to create a solid skin care routine that works for me. I am not looking for anything super fancy, mostly something preventative. I have crazy skin. It is dry during the winter months and oily during the summer. I do not mind having different regimens for different seasons as my makeup usually rotates as well. I am looking for suggestions on day and night moisturizers, eye creams and peels. Thanks in advance.

ChicDabbler

Re: Advice on skincare routine

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hmmm, I have combination skin too and I do switch a couple times in the summer/winter. Anyways, I have a couple favorites in each category, so here's my routine:

- peels/scrubs: philosophy dual phase peels, Dr. Brandt microdermabrasion, and Murad Essential C peel.

- cleanser: Clarins gentle foam, Peter Thomas Roth anti-aging, and Boscia purifying (in the winter).

- toner: Clinique toner 2 in the summer, Origins Perfect World in the winter.

- serum: Ole Henriksen truth serum, Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair

- eye cream: Boscia Enlivening Amino, Origins Eye Doctor, Origins Plantscription

- moisturizer: Philosophy Take a Deep Breathe or Clinique Moisture Surge extended relief for summer (Murad Essential-C SPF30 or Bliss Fabulous SPF15 for day), Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation and Josie Maran SPF40 in the winter.

jellybean917

I also just realized that my skin is a lot drier in the winter than in the summer - my winter moisturizers were clogging my pores and my skin looked super greasy.

My new summer moisturizer is Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cream. When I first put it on, I think it will be too heavy, but it feels great and is not greasy.

If you're looking for preventative skincare, maybe think about a serum before your moisturizer. michmo tempts me every time she mentions First Aid Beauty's serum, but I have so many serums right now, I need to finish some before I can buy a new one. My favorites are from Caudalie - I've used the Vinexpert Firming Serum and the Vinosource SOS Thirst Quenching Serum. I was yelled at by a SA at Sephora for being "too young" for the firming one, but I love how it feels!

I'm personally still looking for a solid eye cream. My dark circles are baaaad. Maybe use the Skincare IQ tool to get a rough idea of what you're looking for?

I hope that helps! Good luck. Unfortunately, so much of finding a good skincare regime is trial and error.

michmo

(0) Hearts

I just recently found my go to routine.  I use First Aid Beauty.  I really love how gentle their products are and how they carry everything I need.  

I switch between their Face Cleanser and Face Polish depending on how much exfoliation I need.  

Then I use the Facial Radiance Pads to tone.  

I recently bought the Facial Radiance Serum and it is magic in a bottle.  

Then I end with the Daily Face Cream because it doesn't clog my pores but is enough to provide the moisture I need.  And I use the 5 in 1 Eye cream.  

There are lots of great brands out there though.  I am sure someone else can suggest another brand to consider too.  

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • xoxocatrina
    • ChicDabbler
    • michmo
    • jellybean917