Advice on skincare routine
I am approaching my late-20s and have yet to create a solid skin care routine that works for me. I am not looking for anything super fancy, mostly something preventative. I have crazy skin. It is dry during the winter months and oily during the summer. I do not mind having different regimens for different seasons as my makeup usually rotates as well. I am looking for suggestions on day and night moisturizers, eye creams and peels. Thanks in advance.
Re: Advice on skincare routine[ Edited ]
Hmmm, I have combination skin too and I do switch a couple times in the summer/winter. Anyways, I have a couple favorites in each category, so here's my routine:
- peels/scrubs: philosophy dual phase peels, Dr. Brandt microdermabrasion, and Murad Essential C peel.
- cleanser: Clarins gentle foam, Peter Thomas Roth anti-aging, and Boscia purifying (in the winter).
- toner: Clinique toner 2 in the summer, Origins Perfect World in the winter.
- serum: Ole Henriksen truth serum, Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair
- eye cream: Boscia Enlivening Amino, Origins Eye Doctor, Origins Plantscription
- moisturizer: Philosophy Take a Deep Breathe or Clinique Moisture Surge extended relief for summer (Murad Essential-C SPF30 or Bliss Fabulous SPF15 for day), Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation and Josie Maran SPF40 in the winter.
Re: Advice on skincare routine
I also just realized that my skin is a lot drier in the winter than in the summer - my winter moisturizers were clogging my pores and my skin looked super greasy.
My new summer moisturizer is Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cream. When I first put it on, I think it will be too heavy, but it feels great and is not greasy.
If you're looking for preventative skincare, maybe think about a serum before your moisturizer. michmo tempts me every time she mentions First Aid Beauty's serum, but I have so many serums right now, I need to finish some before I can buy a new one. My favorites are from Caudalie - I've used the Vinexpert Firming Serum and the Vinosource SOS Thirst Quenching Serum. I was yelled at by a SA at Sephora for being "too young" for the firming one, but I love how it feels!
I'm personally still looking for a solid eye cream. My dark circles are baaaad. Maybe use the Skincare IQ tool to get a rough idea of what you're looking for?
I hope that helps! Good luck. Unfortunately, so much of finding a good skincare regime is trial and error.
Re: Advice on skincare routine
I just recently found my go to routine. I use First Aid Beauty. I really love how gentle their products are and how they carry everything I need.
I switch between their Face Cleanser and Face Polish depending on how much exfoliation I need.
Then I use the Facial Radiance Pads to tone.
I recently bought the Facial Radiance Serum and it is magic in a bottle.
Then I end with the Daily Face Cream because it doesn't clog my pores but is enough to provide the moisture I need. And I use the 5 in 1 Eye cream.
There are lots of great brands out there though. I am sure someone else can suggest another brand to consider too.