Angelface1230

Advice for ridding face of black and white heads while minimizing pores

So I'm kind of new to the whole beauty talk and info stuff. I have a sensitive normal to combination skin. For most of life I have struggled with black heads and white heads, but now a days it seems worse. I seem to have a high concentration of black heads and white heads on my nose, and I don't know the best way to rid myself of them. Should I use a face peel? A mask? A cleanser? What? I don't know the best route to go, mostly because I don't know what most of those are used for. Any suggestions would help. 

beautylovingirl

Re: Advice for ridding face of black and white heads while minimizing pores

(0) Hearts

Also look to Murad's Products especially for this:

Murad's Blackhead and pore clearing duo.

s1538271-main-grid[1].jpg

DressyyLovebug

(0) Hearts

This sounds crazy but BAKING SODA, no matter what skin type, helps with not only acne but also black and white heads. Mix the amount of baking soda that you need with water until it's a paste texture. I would suggest you use it every other day at night. It's less than a dollar and works great! I use it all over my face every night and it keeps my acne under control and blackheads away.

trucie

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

For pore minimizing I highly recommend this one from The Body Shop. It works wonder for me, I've been using it for 3 weeks, my pores are almost disappearing, no joke. They say it's also can be use as primer. A little goes a long way, plus they are always on sale, it's affordable, period. Give a try!

emmaclaire

GLAMGLOW!!!  This is going to seem absurdly expensive and silly, but this stuff is UNREAL.  The white product, the Supermud, is so incredibly effective.  I have incredibly stubborn blackheads and large pores across my nose and chin (literally every pore is gross and full of gunk - ew!) AND I'm prone to whiteheads here and there.  I've used Glamglow twice now and my pores are nearly invisible and completely clear.  It's also fabulous as a spot treatment for whiteheads or other blemishes.  Definitely grab a sample, at least!

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

I've been hearing AMAZING things about Glamglow, and the best part is that you can get a sample from Sephora!

laurabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Angelface1230, you've gotten some great recommendations here!  Another product to check out is the Boscia Luminizing Black Mask.  It's a mineral-rich mask with that peels off to draw out dirt and oil from your pores.  :smileyhappy: -Laura

Boscia Luminizing Black Mask.jpg

RebeccaKitty

(0) Hearts

Get yourself a good deep pore cleansing mask ( I suggest Total Matteness by Philosophy) and a blemish extractor. Both can be purchased Sephora. The mask will help lift the tricky stuff and the extractor is good right after a hot shower, just remember to moisturize and don't apply too much pressure when extracting(: good luck!

superjulienne

[ Edited ]

I love doing Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips on my nose. 

Tips to get the best use of your pore strips:

• First, make a disincrustation solution (made with 1 cup of warm water and 1 teaspoon of baking soda)
  • Dip cotton squares in the solution and squeeze out a bit so the liquid won't run down too much
  • Let the squares rest on your nose for 5-10 minutes so all the blackheads loosen up (I like to lay down or else it gets even more messy, lol)
  • Use the same solution to use to apply the nose strip, and make sure the strip is FULLY dry before removing :smileyhappy:

You'll be amazed how many black heads come out using this solution versus not using it!  Just make sure not to use them too much.  Maybe just once a week or every two weeks.

rikkie

(0) Hearts

Interesting tip! I'll definitely have to give it a shot, I have some VERY stubborn blackheads I would love to say goodbye to!

brennn

(0) Hearts

I love these too!  For me, I've found that they work best when applied right after a warm/hot shower. The steam really helps "open" the pores & the strips are able to get out so much more.  Your baking soda solution sounds interesting, I'll have to try it soon. 

superjulienne

(0) Hearts

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I usually do this after a hot shower too!  The BS really helps for me though.  The first time I did it I was like. O___________O WOAH.

jinxski

(0) Hearts

You could try sticking with a solid regimen and seeing where that gets you. Skin takes a lot of time to heal up, mine is still going through that acne phase too.

I'd say use anything with salicylic acid, too. A facial peel can be beneficial too! :smileyhappy:

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

You want to use 1 product daily that contains salicylic acid.  It'll keep your pores unclogged.  For those existing, you might want to go to a reputable spa and shave a facial where she can extract them for you without inflammation.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • emmaclaire
    • wendyomgwar
    • jennypenny1995
    • beautylovingirl
    • jinxski
    • rikkie