new skincare regime
For a while, I was looking for products that fought against acne and breaking out and then I finally realized, that I do not have any acen, I just get an occasional blemish on my chin here and there. I figured, that I do not need a skincare system for acne when I do not have acne to the extreme as these products are designed for. They dried my face out for a while, and not it is back to normla. I would say that sometimes my skin can feel a little oily, but for the most part it is normal. So my question, what products do you recommend I try out for the new school year to have my best skin. I am entering senior year and I want to look back t pictures and think "wow I had the best skin!" without wearing any makeup. So cleansers, moisturizers, toners, really anything you think I need just let me know!
You sound exactly like me in my teens and early 20s! I had the same skin type and habits you described. It's really important for you to steer clear of the acne treatments/cleansers that have ingredients like salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide when you aren't acne prone because it'll seriously make your skin worse-- dry yet oily, flaky, red, and irritated. I recommend using gentle cleansers and moisturizers on your young skin in combination with a spot treatment on your occasional pimples.
My skin's never looked or felt better than with this regimen my friend advised me to follow:
- Wash face with cleanser and cold water (even in the winter, and even if your skin is a bit oilier than usual).
- Air-dry skin (or gently pat face with your palms if you're in a hurry). Do not towel-dry your face because that'll promote dryness.
- Before your skin completely dries -- while it's a bit moist -- apply moisturizer. Doing so while the skin isn't completely dry allows the moisturizer to soak in and be more effective.
I've used and like these products for young skin like yours:
- Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
- Avene Cleanance Soap-Free Gel Cleanser [your skin feels very comfortable -- not tight -- after cleansing]
- Clinique Liquid Facial Soap (Mild)
- Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser (For All Skin Types)
- Avene Hydrance Optimale SPF 25 Hydrating Cream [not heavy at all, very light for an SPF moisturizer]
Good luck in your senior year!