Answer
VintageCamellia
Whitening my skin?
[ Edited ]

Hello,

What are some good and safe ways to lighten my skin? I have Asian skin, so it's pretty fair with golden undertones. But even with sunscreen, sun exposure made it darker. And what sunscreens do you recommend that would not clog pores and contribute to breakouts? 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
bubblewrap77
Answered

First of all, do not use Lemon Juice on your skin as it is very irritating. Just because something is all-natural does not mean it is good to put on your skin. 

As for Hydroquinone, you can use it, but not for more than 6 months as it can build up to toxic levels in your system. For that reason I do not recommend that either. Plus, it can also irritate the skin. 

I would try a combination of Vitamin C with another non-irritating lightener and, as your budget permits, a non-abrasive exfoliator.

Vitamin C is unstable and so a good formulation is critical if you want it to do anything. The best out there is Perricone MD's Vitamin C Ester. 

For a non-irritating lightener, I recommend Vinoperfect Radiance Serum or Sheer transformation by Ole Henriksen.

Blue Plasma is also the only non-irritating exfoliator out there that still provides a good exfoliation.

You do not have to use all three. I would recommend starting with a well-formulated vitamin c.

Remember to give the results a minimum of 4 weeks.

As for sunscreens, Shiseido makes some of the best on the market. I really like Shiseido’s Urban Environment Oil-Free SPF 42 for Faces. Neutrogena’s Faces Sunscreens are also decent if you want something cheaper. 

Question Stats
  • 8 answers
  • 6 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • bubblewrap77
    • fabbyboo
    • ladytr0uble
    • lylysa
    • Hannico
    • beautylovingirl
    • boonatti
    • helpful