Answer
reneew213
What are the little bumps under my skin?
(0) Hearts

I have tiny bumps on my face, but they are under the skin - if I squeeze, some goo comes out, but they don't seem like regular pimples/acne.  I am 45 years old and am trying to take better care of my skin, but I have no idea where to start with these things.  Any suggestions?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 2
tenngal
Answered
(0) Hearts

I am not a doctor, but a skin condition similar to what you’re describing that comes to mind is milia.  A milium appears as a small white to colorless, dome-shaped bump that develops on the surface of your skin.  Milia are actually small fluid-filled cysts, or simply little globs of protein under the skin and can sometimes be hard to the touch and are usually found on the facial area.  This can be the result of the skin not sloughing off as it normally does, but staying in a pocket on the surface of the skin (the white ball under the skin).  Those just described are known as primary milia.  Secondary milia are small cysts that are found in areas of the skin that have been affected by another skin condition or trauma to the skin most commonly from the use of comedogenic makeup and skincare products that clog the glandular ducts of adults, causing irritation and stimulating oil production.  Stress can also be a trigger of milia.  You should go to a dermatologist to find out if you indeed have milia which needs to be treated from the bottom up with medications or treatments that your doctor recommends.  For reference, here’s an example of what milia often look similar to:
Milia.jpg

Hope this helps!
Have a great day!
tenngal :smileyhappy:

cherrybombtastic
Answered
(0) Hearts

Does your skin get red? Is it not really a whitehead, but more like a bump you don't really see unless you run your hand over it? It might be cystic acne, but don't quote me. You may want to get it checked out at a dermatologist just to make sure. But usually cystic acne is under the skin and is not considered moderate acne. I hope this helps and good luck!

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • cherrybombtastic
    • reneew213
Photos1
  • Milia.jpg