Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Vitamin E-FREE moisturizer

I am looking for a moisturizer that does not have vitamin e (tocopheryl or tocopherol) <I'm allergic> and I am having a hard time finding one, please help.

Re: Vitamin E-FREE moisturizer

I’m also allergic to vitamin E (tocopheryl or tocopherol).  My allergist performed patch testing on my back and the results were that I had an allergic reaction to parabens and tocopheryl / tocopherol.

It’s been difficult to find a skincare line that does not contain both.  Any recommendations are welcomed 🙂

11 years later, I would like to say I’m also sensitive to tocopherol in all topical forms. I have used Lush Celestial for 5 years and it works great

I'm also allergic to topical Vitamin E (specifically Tocopherol and other derivatives used as a preservative) - it's actually a relatively common allergy that a lot of people don't attribute break outs or skin irritation to. La Mer and May Lindtsrom products are great though not a huge selection as far as beauty products go.

Anonymous Insider

Hi! I'm not sure if you will be able to find a moisturize...

Hi! I'm not sure if you will be able to find a moisturizer that doesn't not contain vitamin E, it's included on every single (or almost) product because vitamin E helps to maintain formulations and is antioxidant to your skin as well. I never heard of somebody who is allergic to vitamin E! A good source of vitamin E are nuts and seeds, maybe you're allergic to nuts and seeds not to vitamin E, in that case, you should look for a moisturizer that does not contain nut or seed oils. Oh and argan oil is not an option because is really rich in vitamin E.

Re: Hi! I'm not sure if you will be able to find a moisturize...

Vitamin E is not a preservative in any way. They put it in everything because it mostly comes from all the soybeans we produce here and they need to get rid of what they processed. It's more likely they have a sensitivity to soy and not the vitamin E itself. Doesn't necessarily mean there's any other nut and seed allergy, and the Argan oil is fine. You need to read more.

Re: Hi! I'm not sure if you will be able to find a moisturize...

Just because you haven't heard of a vitamin e allergy doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  Both my daughter and my mother-in-law are highly allergic to vitamin e in skin care products. It causes hives, a rash, itching, red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin.

It's very unpleasant. All the benefits of vitamin e mean nothing to someone experiencing this type of allergic reaction.

I actually don't know if using Argan oil is a good idea b...

I actually don't know if using Argan oil is a good idea because Vitamin E = tocopheryl. I mean I do love Argan oil. I have recently incorporated it into my routine, but I would just say use it with discretion. I have used pure Vitamin E oil before and it has broken me out, but using Argan oil for me was different despite my skin appearing a bit shiny at first. If you can, go to Sephora and get a sample of it. If not, buy it from Garden of Wisdom. It's cheaper than Josie Maran's version. I would also advise doing your own research in the product pages and check their ingredient sections. I think the only brands I know that don't have an ingredient section is Clinique. I hope this helps and good luck!

Hi there ooyawn,   Check out this post I recently assiste...

Hi there ooyawn,

Check out this post I recently assisted another client with that has some more information about what exact ingredients you want to avoid.

In the meantime, I suggest you try the Josie Maran Argan Oil which is pure Argan Oil and does not contain any Vitamin E that would be irritating to your skin. What's great about the Argan oil is its replenishing and moisturizing properties to the skin. You can use Argan oil on the hands, face, in the hair, on the scalp, anyplace that needs more hydration and nourishment.

JM Argan Oil.jpg

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Anonymous Insider

Re: Hi there ooyawn,   Check out this post I recently assiste...

Argan oil is rich in vitamin E, actually, like most nut and seed oils.
9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos1
  • JM Argan Oil.jpg
testing