Answer
alicisany
Accepted Solution
Skincare products for Oily/Dry Skin
(0) Hearts

I am 26 years old and I have a combination of Oily and Dry Skin. I recently brought Garnier's BB Cream but I want to know should I start buying products that has anti-aging, anti-winkle, and/or skin brightening properties? What should a 26-year old look for when buying skincare products?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
cherrybombtastic
Answered

If you're looking for anti-aging products, a good sunscreen is the key in preventing aging. Since you have oily/dry skin, I would try to find two types of sunscreens, one for oily skin and one for dry skin, so you can mix and match depending on the season. The reason I suggest two sunscreens is because a lot of times using one sunscreen on your whole face can cause your skin to get oily, while another sunscreen on your whole face can highlight your dry patches. So, if you mix and match, like for example use one sunscreen on your T-zone and another sunscreen on your dry areas, that'll save you a lot of frustration.

When looking for an anti-wrinkle product, retinol and glycolic acid are good ways for skin turnovers. For products with retinol, I've read that you can definitely break out from it, so be aware in case you do. If you're looking to brighten your skin, lactic acid is good ingredient to look for in products. A lot of yogurts have lactic acid in them, so you may want to try a yogurt mask during the summer. I hope this helps and good luck!

Answers: 1
beautytester
Answered
(0) Hearts

Howdy,

I've got combo skin and I'm 24 this yr. For anti-aging, the 20s is a good time to start. I'm assuming you don't have permanent lines yet? I'd say look for product that targets "first sign of aging" or "fine lines" instead of "mature skin" or "diminish wrinkles".

You don't have to get everything at once, especially since anti-aging skincare more usually more expensive than other types. The purpose of serum is to target specific concerns, so I'd say try to find a good serum first, to incorporate into your skincare. For brightening and anti-aging, Vitamin C is good. I have tried and liked Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum and Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum and they are both good. There's also Sephora Age Defy Serum and Boots no.7 protect & perfect serum (sold in Target) that includes a dose of hydration as well as anti-aging for when your skin is a bit dry.

The other serums I've tried were vitamin D (too oily), Korres Wild Rose (sticky) and DDF Amplifying Elixir (very watery and does absolutely nothing and smells a bit bad). Anyways, a serum is a good start because it's the most effective and you can just apply to problem areas if you'd like. Later if you need more, try anti-aging moisturizer or eye cream, then anti-aging cleanser (I LOVE Peter Roth anti-aging cleanser in the orange bottle, but it's too expensive for me now). And lastly, you should already be wearing SPF everyday.

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • cherrybombtastic
    • alicisany
    • beautytester