Answer
laura902
Redness that never goes away

I have good skin that never breaks out but I have always had a slight redness in the center of my chin and on the sides of my nose. Usually I cover these areas with concealer.  Is there anything more I can do about this?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 4
ry22
Answered

One treatment option is the Bare Escentuals Redness Remedy. It works by reducing the appearance of broken capillaries and brightening skin.

P293901_hero.jpg

Another way you can treat this is by hydrating and soothing skin with Josie Maran Organic Argan Oil.

P218700_hero.jpg

mizkt24
Answered

I would get a "treatment" product made to reduce redness. I would go to an Esthetician or Dermatologist and get a recommendation from them.  I am an Esthetician and it sounds like you have Couperose skin(a temporary or chronic redness appearing on the face. It shows up as small, dilated, winding, bright red blood vessel's on the cheeks, around the nose and sometimes on the chin) or maybe Rosacea(has to be diagnosed by a dermatologist).  Try using a product with soothing, vasoconstrictive (any agent that causes a narrowing of an opening of a blood vessel) ingredients such as plantain, grape, horse chestnut or St. Johns wort(anti-inflammatory), or acacia(soothing).

dianabt
Answered

Hi laura902,

I can definitely relate to you. I notice the older I'm getting the more redness and red areas I have to my skin! Particularly around the edge of the nose, lip and center of my cheeks under the eye area.

Try using green or yellow neutralizing primers and concealers which can help to reduce the redness. Clinique makes a great yellow based concealer (and even a yellow based powder!) to cover this up. 

I like to use a bit of a yellow concealer on my face first, then follow up with any foundation or powders, and then add a bit more of the concealer. Green tinted primers can help too, the Smashbox and Make Up For Ever ones are great, long lasting neutralizing bases for the skin.

Also, what sort of moisturizer do you use? A nice soothing one with ingredients like aloe, rose or lavender can be calming and smoothing to the skin and help reduce any irritation or redness. There are not always products that can completely make the redness be removed forever, but with the right ones you can conceal and cover them up pretty well. :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
lahnnabell
Answered
(0) Hearts
I also second Josie Maran Argan Oil tip. It's a great hydrating, non-greasy way to soothe your skin. I always mix a few drops with my regular moisturizer if I feel extra dry. It also helped with some acne scarring I had.
Posted from Facebook
Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 7 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • ry22
    • lahnnabell
    • mizkt24
    • laura902