Answer
sophiebean21
How to get Glowing Skin!

I just finished the latest allure magazine and they have this whole section about skin systems to get 'glowing skin' and suggest a glycolic/salicylic cleanser, serum, hyaluronic moiturizer, retinol cream and clinical peels for at home.

They listed these:

Skin Effects by Dr Keffrey Dover glycolic cream

Garnier Skin Renew Clinical Dark Spot Corrector serum

Philosophy Microdelivery MIni Peel Pads

Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting cream

Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle repaire moisturizer

Eau Thermale Avene Soothing Moisture Mask

and Koh Gen Do Makeup Color Base in lavender pink, Lorac Oil Free Luminizer or Makeup Forever Uplight Face Luminizer Gel followed by Shiseido translucent powder

Has anyone tried any of these/which ones do i ACTUALLY need? (more about skin... i have way too much makeup already)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
tartey
Answered

I don't think that ALL these products are neccessary. Glowing skin to me, is HEALTHY skin. Meaning no acne, and an over all even complexion. 

I haven't tried any of the products you mentioned, except for the Garnier Dark Spot Corrector, and it didn't work for me! 

If I was to recommend any products to give your skin a healthy glow, I'd have to say:

#1 Ole Henriksen Truth Serum:

This is a liquid form of vitamin C, and helps promote healthy skin growth and collagen production. For me, it helps to keep my skin even and glowing. This is the only product I've tried that helps to make the skin glow. 

#2 First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads:

These pads are filled with lactic and glycolic acids, which help to leave the skin bright and glowing. Plus, they are paraben free!! 

But, overall I'd say. If your skin is pretty good.. don't try a bunch of products on it. Let your skin be! Radiance comes from heathly skin, so just maintain your skincare routine and you should be fine. But, the product I listed above are good ones to try! 

laurenelectro
(0) Hearts
I agree about the Ole Hendriksen Truth Serum. I started using it at night in lieu of a heavy moisturizer and I have been using a bb cream during the day and my skin has been better than it's ever been. For reference, I have pretty dry skin with the occasional blemish but I've been fairly blemish free for awhile now and people have been complimenting me on my skin! At night sometimes I'll wear a NARS illuminator and my skin looks flawless!
lovelonghair
(0) Hearts
I agree with Tartey - take care of yourself and you will reap the benefits of glowing skin. Keep the number of products to a minimum. The glycolic acid products are good too. Vitamin C works wonders ( I use a Mary Kay night recover cream that has goodies in it like this) and I notice a difference. Let the products work 4-6 weeks before giving up!
Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 7 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • iheartsephora09
    • lovelonghair
    • laurenelectro
    • ChicDabbler
    • tartey
    • kssweetheart
    • sophiebean21