Answer
elguev
Help! Looking for the perfect regimen
(0) Hearts

I am 21 years old and have combination skin. I am dry in my cheeks and then oily in my t-zone. I have tried Clique's three step for dry/combination skin for several years and  it seemed to be helping less and less. I then switched to Origins line for combination skin; which was the United States Toner, Checks and Balances face wash, and one of their moisturizer; however my t-zone still felt oily. I break out about once a month and have blackheads and my nose, I use masks and spot treatments that work pretty well. I was hoping for a suggestions on a skincare regimen (daily cleanser, toner, an exfoliating product, day and night moisturizer)?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
kbky
Answered

Here's my regime! It sounds like we have the same skin type, so I hope this helps! (I'm an Esthe and I've put SO many products on my skin and these are the ones that seem to give me the best results.  I have super sensitive skin too! )

So for my cleanser, I'm currently using the Shu Uemura fresh pore clarifying gentle cleansing oil.  So I know Sephora doesn't carry this anymore, but It's really nice for dry combination skin.  And it has salicylic, so it also helps fight any breakouts that I get.  If you're looking for a one-stop shop, then I would go with Fresh Soy Face cleanser.  This one is also great for dry combo and, in all honesty, I'll probably go back to it once my shu is gone.  Love love love that cleanser.

For my moisturizer, I'm kind of using a couple different things.  Right after I cleanse my skin, I use the Shiseido Pureness Balancing Softener Alcohol-Free to prep my skin and then I use Josie Maran's Organic Argan Oil.   I love that it's such a simple, yet effective product.  Your skin looks super refreshed and it instantly soaks into your skin.  

After I apply my moisturizer, I load on the sunscreen -- super important.  Right now I'm using, and loving, the Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream For Face SPF 55 PA+++.  It goes on so smoothly and has a really nice smell that isn't like your traditional sunscreen.  (also I used to use the Josie Maran Protect Daily Sun Protection Argan Oil Infused SPF 40+. I like both, but if you're looking for more hydration, I'd go with the Josie.) 

And then the make up!

Hope that this helps!

xx

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • kbky
    • elguev
    • ChicDabbler