Answer
elcc
Every moisturizer makes me break out, I'm desperate for a good one for my combo skin???
(0) Hearts

Every moisturizer makes me break out, I'm desperate for a good one for my combo skin???

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 7
lgiobeauty
Answered
(0) Hearts

I've battled the same issue. I have tried everything from drug store to high end brands to all natural acne and/or sensitive skin products. Most of them worked only temporarily and once halting usage, my skin would break out even worse. I have been on my newest regimen for two months and couldn't be happier. For the first time in years, my complexion is clear except for one small hormonal blemish. And when I say small, I mean teeny tiny in comparison to the multiple large, painful pimples I previously suffered. The miracle product for me is organic Aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice . I use a simple cleanser, followed by a natural toner, and then moisturizing with an organic aloe liquid. Please be aware that the aloe you choose does not contain any of the following ingredients: Triethanolamine (TEA), DMDM hydantoin (Glydant), or Diazolidinyl urea. I previously made this mistake and ended up with dry, painful, itchy patches on my face and neck. This is why I suggest using an aloe product that is as close to 100% pure as possible. The one I use contains, vitamin E and Grapefruit extract. If you decide to give this a try, I hope it works for you as well as it has for me! 

setsail
Answered
(0) Hearts

I second the unscented bar for sensitive skin from Dove - this is what I use to wash my face and I also second the yogurt moisturizer from Korres - this is the only one that doesn't break me out. Took me a good year to find products that don't upset my skin - this combo is magic for me.

xmissmaryx
Answered
(0) Hearts

I really like L'oreal Hydra-renewal gel for sensitive or oily skin. You can pick they have 2-3 different ones so just pick which best matches your skin type! 

I also really like Vichy Mattifying moisturizer SPF 15 which is also pretty great on sensitive skin.

sdevon23
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have been through the ringer with my sensitive skin, my dermatologist suggested that I use Dove unscented soap to wash my face and CeraVe moisturizer after I wash.  I have been using this combo for 2yrs now and my skin is back to being balanced.  The best part is that it is only $14.00 for a big bottle and you can get it at CVS!  Hope this helps.

lorelaie
Answered
(0) Hearts

Make sure you pick a moisturizer that is noncomedogenic, meaning it won't clog your pores!  It should say so right on the bottle.  I have really sensitive skin, but I will also break out, and I've found Neutrogena usually works really well with my skin.  I use the Oil Free Moisture - Sensitive Skin, but I know they also have one for combo. Hope that helps!

cherrycolor
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have really highly sensitive skin and Wow.  I have had serious serious issues with using anything by Loreal.  It's not hypo allergenic at all.  I use (only) cetaphil for cleansing.  I have spent a lot of money trying to figure out what's best as a moisturizer.  My favorite day moisturizer used to be Philosophy's Hope in a jar but find it to be too light for me now.  I am officially hooked on Bliss's Best of Skintentions these days.  I got it as a sample from Sephora over the summer but found it to be a great match for my skin type.   It has sunscreen in it as well. For night time I use Kate Somerville for everything and have for about a year.  Serum and moisturizer.  My skin is in the best shape it's ever been in.  I am in my mid thirties.

katie1724
Answered
(0) Hearts

Have you tried Korres Yogurt Cream? It's super hydrating, yet very gentle on sensitive skin: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P116805&categoryId=B70

:smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 7 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • lorelaie
    • xmissmaryx
    • setsail
    • elcc
    • sdevon23
    • cherrycolor