Answer
lo1978
Combination skin moisturizer

I am trying to find the best moisturizer, but am confused by the different pieces of advice I get when it comes to oil/oil-free.  I've been told that oil-free is the way to go since I have an oily t-zone but normal everywhere else.  But then I've also been told that I actually want a moisturizer with a little oil in it because that prevents my skin from compensating by making extra oil.  Again, I only get oily in the t-zone and also suffer from mild acne which is currently being treated with prescription creams (benzoyl peroxide and differin).  Can someone please point me in the right direction and/or provide some suggestions?  Thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
dianabt
Answered

Hi lo1978, 

I entirely understand how it can be confusing. Your skin sounds a LOT like mine with the dry areas and oily t-zone, not so easy to find a moisturizer for both! I recommend an oil free moisturizer that will keep your skin hydrated but not necessarily moisturizing on the oily areas. You can also try a moisturizer that helps to balance out both areas. I have a few suggestions you may want to try as these are great for combination skin and I've tried a number of them myself. :smileyhappy:

Murad Oil Free Mattifier with SPF 15

This moisturizer is great for keeping your skin hydrated without feeling greasy or slick. The sun protection is great for saving your skin from UVA and UVB rays that can cause damage, and the matte finish prevents extra shine and oil from coming up.

Bobbi Brown Hydrating Gel Cream

Is a lightweight gel based cream that balances both oily and dry skin. Your skin is left hydrated and moisture rich while a boost of Vitamin E provides excellent anti-oxidant protection.

Ren T Zone Balancing Day Fluid

The name says it all, and your skin is left balanced, soft, hydrated and smooth with an amazing soft and matte texture that keeps your skin looking and feeling flawless.

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • lo1978
    • dianabt
    • nagrom