Clarisonic Brush versus Proactive Brush??
Does anyone have a preference between the proactive brush versus the clarisonic brush?? I am looking at both but one is much cheaper so I am wondering why the clarisonic is so much better since it is so much more expensive. Please help Smiley Happy. Thx!!
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 7
Answered

It took me a while to finally give in and spend the money on the clarasonic and I can honestly say it was worth EVERY penny. I have tried the cheaper versions (olay..ect...) and I did notice a huuuuge difference. I use the clarasonic twice a day and it practically eliminated my hormonal breakouts, i do recommend purchasing the "normal" brush head ( it came w/sensitive)...it is pricey but you'll save money on anti acne creams and gels.

Answered

I wholeheartedly agree that the Clarisonic is well worth the price.  I've also tried the cheaper brushes like Olay and there simply is no comparison.  I use my Clarisonic Mia every night to cleanse my face of makeup.  My skin is cleaner, smoother and allows my serum and moisturizer to do their work.  Plus, I don't need to give myself a facial mask as frequently as I used to because with my Clarisonic Mia my pores are smaller and hormonal breakouts are fewer.

It's an excellent investment!

Answered
[ Edited ]

Instead of thinking of it in terms of simply being more expensive, these brushes are just different -- and one is not a less expensive alternative for the other.  First, the mechanism is different -- the Proactiv brush appears to spin (but I'm not sure -- it says it pulses at 5,000 vibrations per minute), and the Clarisonic pulses / vibrates at 300 movements per second, or 18,000 per minute (i.e. "sonic" cleansing). The brush heads are also different -- the Proactiv seems to have much longer bristles, whereas the Clarisonic brush heads have short bristles.

From personal experience, I can honestly say that the Clarisonic brush is worth the investment -- I have a one-speed Mia, and it changed my skin. It is one of the best investments (if not the best) I have ever made in a skincare item. It's understandable to try the different brushes if you cannot or do not want to spend the money on a Clarisonic, but just know that they are not the same.

Answered
(0) Hearts

Im just warning you but i have the clarisonic brush and after using it for 1 month my acne was extremely severe, it has taken me this entire year to clear it and that involved me getting a dermatologist and prescription i know clarisonic is a holy grail for many but the risk in my opinion isn't worth it. Proactives brush i have not tried but i did use the system a couple years ago and i liked it and it cleared everything but i found myself not wanting to use it anymore but the brush may be different

Answered
(0) Hearts

My sister has the clarisonic mia 1 and she loves it! its awesome on your face it clears all the breakouts and does just a amazing job I stopped using it for a while and felt that I was missing something.. so I decided to purchase one my self I do know the proactive cleansing brush is cheaper but I would seriously spend the extra dollars and by one. yes the replacement brushes are thirty dollars and remember to change them every three months other wise all the bacteria stays in there and that wouldn't be good lol!  (:

Answered
(0) Hearts
I too have been toying around with spending the money on the Clarasonic....is it really worth it when others are cheaper? I hear so many good things about the Clarasonic, if it helps my breakouts, it'll be worth it but I'm just not sure.
Answered
(0) Hearts

I bought my clairsonic a year ago and I love it!  I use it at least once a day and my skin feels so good after I use it. I have the delicate brush bc I have mild rosacea and I don't want to irritate it. 

Question Stats
  • 7 answers
  • 7 hearts
  • 9 in conversation