Answer
brunbeaut
Best night cream for combination skin with large pores?

I am 21 and i am looking for a good night cream but i have large pores on my nose and chin and dont want to over moisturize and break out. What would you recommend? Also if i wanted to start using anti-aging products is there one that could help with all or is it better to use seperate products?

Please help!

Thank you!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 6
cherrybombtastic
Answered

Unless you have dry skin or very dry skin, I'm really in favor of using the same moisturizer you use during the day time and night time. But if you really must use a night cream or a moisturizer at night, I would recommend something natural. After all, during sleep is when your skin absorbs the most nutrients. A night cream I would recommend is from REN. The Frankincense Revitalizing Night Cream also acts as an anti-aging treatment, so that's a good 2-in-1 product. If you experience large pores on your nose and chin, I would avoid using night creams on those areas and just use a regular light oil-free moisturizer on that instead. If you haven't tried DDF's moisturizers, you may want to check out Oil-Free Moisturizing Dew. I'm also a fan of Murad's Skin Perfecting Lotion, which contains retinol, a good ingredient to incorporate to start on an anti-aging regimen. I hope this helps and good luck!

michydarlyn
Answered

I've been using Origins High Potency Night - A - Mins, its a mineral enriched renewal cream and it helps in the skins regenerating process at night. Since you have oily skin, they do have an oil free version of this cream. I've been using this for years, hope this helps.

bchen506
Answered

I have extreme combo skin, tried the Night-A-Mins, but it was a little too rich for me and broke me out, gave it to my mom and she loved it. I switched to Origins A Perfect World, and it's been working great, on days where my skin feels a little dryer, I use their Drink Up Intensive Mask as a night cream. If you want to start adding in anti-againg products (good idea), I was suggest using a serum under your night cream first. The truth serum by Ole Henriksen is pretty popular, and the vit C would be great at helping you combat sun damage. Most ppl suggest using serum and cream from the same line, and though the truth serum worked great on me, the truth serum cream actually broke me out. It's kind of trial and error to find what works best for your skin, but the fabulous associates at Sephora are always great at giving you samples to try first. =)

lylysa
Answered

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?skuId=1379221&productId=P297568&keyword=BOSCIA%20Re...

Bocia's Black Hydration Gel! The gel formula makes this super light weight and easy to absorb for combo or oily skin types, won't clog pores to cause break outs, charcoal helps with oil control, glycolic acid (fruit sugars and acids) help brighten and even out skin tone along with helping to soften the look of fine lines (anti-aging, preventative), and vitamin c helps with that as well!

Store it in the fridge so your skin gets a cool chill if you like!

beautylovingirl
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi brunbeaut,

The murad night perfecting cream sounds like just what you are looking for. Good Luck!

Sephexpert
Answered
(0) Hearts
It is definitely important to use a night cream. Your skin repairs itself at night so choosing the right one is key. I love Perricones face finishing moisturizer and also algenist has a great anti-aging ,moisturizer. Both are super light weight and super hydrating as well. You can feel the soft suppleness of your skin almost instantly after using these products. And it's a great preventative way to treat your young skin!
Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 7 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • cherrybombtastic
    • ashhay
    • lylysa
    • michydarlyn
    • beautylovingirl
    • Sephexpert
    • brunbeaut
    • DianaFrantis