Answer
smasse
Best cleanser for a first-time Clarisonic Mia user?

Just what it says... trying to figure out a good cleanser to buy when my Mia comes in!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 10
prettyinpa
Answered

You can use any cleanser appropriate for your skin type.  For oily skin, try a foaming or gel type cleanser, for dry skin, try a creamy formulation. The only kind of cleanser that you don't want to use with your Mia is a scrub with the beads or other mechanical exfoliants, they will wear out your brushes and irritate your skin, the Mia is exfoliating enough. 

I use Peter Thomas Roth Anti-aging Gel cleanser and Murad Clarifying cleanser when my skin is acting up.

Hope this helps!

dimpy
Answered
Use any cleanser it works terrific I own one to and I use normal glycerine soap with it.
kssweetheart
Answered
[ Edited ]

Hi smasse - although I don't know your skin type I  would still recommend Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser. I have been using it for years, I've tried others but I always come back to this. It's good for really all skin-types, they even talk about the fact that some other products leave your skin feeling 2 sizes 2 small. It can remove mascara & eye-makeup, although I generally use a separate makeup remover. I'm a little careful when I use it as an eyemakeup remover, but that's just me. My sister just suds up her entire face eyes and all and then rinses off. So, everybody's different.

This product is  wildly successful and loved, but of course there are always going to be people that don't like/love it. I do feel like I have to rinse a lot.I don't apply my makeup immediately after cleansing and I do find that sometimes I may have certain sections that need to be rinsed a little more, then I'm good to go. Philosophy is an excellent brand and I've gotten numerous people hooked on it.

I also use Philosophy Micro-deliivery Exfoliating Face Wash, but I'd never use that with my Clarisonic Mia. I think Philosophy Purity Cleanser would be great for you. Try it a few times without the Mia, to test it and then use it with your Mia. hope you love your Mia as much as I love mine. Congrats, best of luck and welcome....I got to give you your 1st heart, yeah! Hope you'll come back and let us know how your Mia is and whatever cleanser you may decide to try.

BTW, if I get you hooked on Phil. Purity Cleanser, buy a big one, like the big, ginormous one, it is such a money-saver. I also what color you got? Best of luck.

ps, wasn't sure if you know you can get about 5 different brushheads, FYI :smileyhappy:

makeupobesessed
Answered
I know I really did t Ike the cleanser that came along with it. I now use a cleanser from my derm but any should work as long as its right for your face type. That's what's so good about the Clarisonic among other things, is that you can customize it for your needs as far as cleanser goes. Try a cleanser for a week or so and see if it works for your skin type.
projulie
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi,

I really like the Fresh- Soy Face Cleanser

Fresh - Soy Face Cleanserhttp://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?skuId=487694&productId=P7880&keyword=FRESH%20Soy%20...

It feels great and it doesn't dry out your skin. I would suggest removing your makeup with makeup remover before using the clarisonic. I know they say you can remove makeup with it, but it works best if you remove it first. Cleanses your skin affectively versus moving makeup.

TrysBeautyItems
Answered
(0) Hearts

Philosophy Purity made simple - gentle, yet takes the day off and doesn't dry you out

melissabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi Smasse,

It looks like you already have some great suggestions! I agree, I think it all depends on your skin type. Look for cleansers that are gentle and that do not have exfoliating beads in it. The Clarisonic will give you enough exfoliation. I suggest that you use the Philosophy Purity Made Simple. It does not foam, yet it leaves your skin feeling balanced and hydrated.

Philosophy - Purity Made Simple

http://www.sephora.com/purity-made-simple-P7109

<3 Melissa
Venuste
Answered
(0) Hearts

On the Clarisonic instruction it mentioned do not use foaming product. As a scientist I can tell you that the ultrasound wave requires liquid phase to deliver. The foam disrupt the transmission.

bijouxkristyna
Answered
(0) Hearts

My favorite cleanser for my combination skin are:  PTR Anti-Aging Cleanser, Dior Cleansing Milk (for gentler cleanings).  Enjoy your new Mia, it's a wonderful prodcuts and I am sure you will be thrilled with your new skin!

dianabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hello smasse, 

You really can use nearly any type of cleanser but I find that creams and gels work BEST! Avoid anything with scrubby beads or anything too abrasive.

My favorite is the Origins Perfect World Antioxidant cleanser which has a great balance of cleaning but not being too creamy or too dry.

A Perfect World™ Antioxidant Cleanser with White Tea

Even the cleanser that came with my Clarisonic Mia is great! I love it and just ran out :smileysad: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Question Stats
  • 10 answers
  • 16 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • bijouxkristyna
    • aviscardi
    • dianabt
    • melissabt
    • kssweetheart
    • makeupobesessed