Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Pet Paradise

Show off pics of your pets, tell stories, anything you want to share about those special animals in your life 🙂 Post as much and as often as you want!

Here are are my fluff babies DJ and Gunner (also called Lulu or Lou). They are mother and daughter. DJ is my baby and Gunner is a daddy's girl. They are approximately 9 years old and very spoiled!

This is DJ. She loves to be near me.
image.jpeg

Miss Gunner Lou loves her catnip carrot
image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Re: Pet Paradise

@jozkid Ernie is a boss 🙂 Look at that lounging focus! 

@MissPuff He gets away with a whole lot. My boys are crazy about him!

@jozkid,

Ernie is such a handsome boy!  I love his markings, especially the white around his eyes!

I'm glad that he's so healthy now!  🙂

Thank you @tsavorite. We seem to have the food  thing down now and he just got tested again for worms yesterday and he’s all clear. So no more diarrhea or vomiting. Yay!  

Unfortunately he has developed some minor thinning patches on his sides from grooming. The vet says he may be stressed. (I can’t imagine from what because we all fall all over him. He’s quite spoiled). Keeping an eye on it for now. The vet said it could be an immunity thing for him too since his system was all out of whack from the worm infestation. Poor Ernie. 😞

@jozkid,

Was he on steroids?  Steroids can cause that thinning.

Nope, no steroids. The thinning is in small areas without any defined borders, so the vet is pretty certain its from over grooming. It's just a matter of figuring out why he's doing it @tsavorite

RE: Re: Pet Paradise

He looks like my cat trouble!

Re: RE: Re: Pet Paradise

He does @lidovicky! Except Trouble has much longer hair.

Re: RE: Re: Pet Paradise

@lidovicky,

Trouble is such a good name for a cat!  🙂

Ernie is sooo gorgeous @jozkid ! He must be a pampered little fellow! 😉

Omg @keana1... SO pampered!

@jozkid  Oh, Ernie has grown into such a handsome fellow!! They really become one of the family!! Thanks for sharing!!😊🐱

@yankeefaithful They sure do. One of my twins was kind of meh on getting a cat. Now he’s Ernie’s biggest fan. 

Anonymous Insider

Pet Paradise

my baby is a chihuahua! her name is Jorgen Von Java, but we call her Java for short. shes the sweetest chihuahua I've ever met, not territorial and very well socialized. she's been with me for 8 years now, and I love her more every day!

Java is just too cute, @Anonymous!

@AnonymousI didn't think sweet chihuahua's existed haha. She's a beauty!

@Anonymous,

Java looks so sweet!  I'm glad that you two found each other!

Pet Paradise

I've got 3 cats and a dog but this is the story of my dog maru we adopted him at 1year and 3months old from his owner who neglected him. his owner didn't feed him, take him out for walks and left him in a cage every day where he also relieved himself. He became 30% underweight and had bad diarrhea. when he stood up one of his legs was weaker and he got tired after walking a bit. when we brought him home his ribs, spine, and hip were showing. so we decided to give him the name maru (まる) meaning round in japanese hoping he would grow round and healthy. He was such a strong boy, he hardly rested now that he wasn't enclosed in a cage and must have been in a lot of stomach pain. when he relieved himself there would be blood in his stool and sometimes he would howl in pain. this is him now after 6 months with us, round, but not overweight and very happy!

Hi @Plantcat,

Maru is so adorable. Glad to know he is being well taken care of now! 🙂

Warmest regards,

Helen

What a sweetheart @Plantcat!

What a cutie. I’m glad he found love after such a sad start.  

2 Replies
testing