deannarp

Is there a way to block these heart party threads?

I'll be a Debbie Downer and say that they're filling up my newsfeed. If I can't block threads, can I block users from appearing in my newsfeed? Just a question. 

bratknits

Re: Is there a way to block these heart party threads?

(0) Hearts

I wish.

sparklekai

this week lots of heart parties..next week nars sheer glow and hoola bronzer will overtake things!  the heart parties are a welcome break from the ghost town bt was becoming!!

DiVWA

I appreciate them but I agree that they should be on Off-Topic only. My concern is totally selfish -- I wanted an answer to a posted question. Because of all the heart parties, my post got pushed down very low from the get go, and then disappeared so far down that you'd have to hit "see more conversations" button at least three times to get to it. I ended up deleting my post because it was obviously never going to be seen. :smileysad: 

mychoi

Divwa if that happens just bump it. We'll see it! 

lecia1167

(0) Hearts

I would just scroll past, but that's just me. I like the heart parties, but more importantly I love the great info I get on BT!

gingerblack

(0) Hearts

Everyone once and awhile people get all upset about the heart parties or whatever. Just come back in a few days and there will likely not be as many.

hackneyfl

I have no comment ... other than ... why doesn't a mod stop this and close this thread?!

joeanne

Yes, there have been quite a few lately on the main page. The only thing annoying for me is trying to find the perfect heart picture to send to each person, and my husband asking me why I'm spending so much time looking at heart images!

I think there hadn't been many heart parties for a while, so everyone felt like celebrating!  Things will be back to normal in a day or two. In the meantime, just cruise past them.

quotidianus

I think if you're looking for specific advice or info, you can always go to the relevant conversation category.  It does happen every once in a while that there's an explosion of heart parties ... this is actually the first I've seen in months.  That said, I'd rather see women appreciating each other than tearing each other down as I've witnessed on other forums.  The heart parties which pointed to general affability are actually part of the reason (that, along with some rampant intelligence and on point sarcasm) I stopped lurking on BT and joined in.

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

I do love the welcoming and friendly nature of this community. I hope we stay that way!

neko333

I think they are supposed to be in the off topic feed which is separate. So I'm not sure if people are posting them incorrectly or they are being posted that way so people get to see them. 

I don't really care that they do them. I just ignore them. However so many of them on the front page is a bit distracting. People who aren't long time members of this community will be overwhelmed when they see it. Sure they can navigate past it but they are more likely to just exit the page and not take the time to look around. It's probably a bit off putting for people who are looking to this forum more for answers and less of a social media outlet. I think posting them in off topic is fine though. Most of the people who are on here often are the ones who participate in these things and they will know how to find them regardless. 

I also think I was the one who suggested that one person do these. Which I thought would be the perfect compromise to the people who enjoy these and the people who aren't interested in them. However I was talking about putting them all on one thread or at least that was what I was thinking. I still think one person should do them just in the same thread. That way you have one heart party thread and everyone will be able to keep up with it. If everyone would do it like that people could just bookmark it. 

veronika23

(0) Hearts

Listen when I first joined BT there was a few heart parties.  Some days more than others.  I didn't care. I still wanted to join this community. A few hours of heart parties on the main feed won't kill anyone!

neko333

Well neither will a few people complaining about it then. I'm trying to provide a realistic solution to please both sides. If it was all in one thread I'm sure it could be on the front page and nobody would care, even if it was there constantly everyday. 

veronika23

I haven't seen heart parties in a long time.  Now that there's a few everyone seems to complain about it.  What's the big deal?  Deal with it for a few hours and scroll passed it.  It just seems people keep complaining about the most stupid stuff.  There's A LOT of posts I don't want to see.  Do you see me start a thread about having them removed?

redwagon44

I don't understand the super negative responses here... she wasn't insulting anyone, just asking a simple question. 

jaimelove

because this post was in response to a now closed thread from just a couple of hours ago also blasting the heart parties. we get it, some people don't like them. we don't care. 

redwagon44

[ Edited ]

I saw that thread. That was rude. This one isn't. I find it ironic that people are saying that heart parties show what a caring and inclusive group this is, until someone has the audacity to quietly voice a slightly different opinion. 

jaimelove

(0) Hearts

i think we just get frustrated with the "i hate everything" attitude some people express, and that last post has us all cranky and ready to fight (in the streets or otherwise). there really was no need for this post after the last one, honestly, and OP should have known that it would be taken offensively since our hackles were already raised by itscarin. 

LariTheLoud

I agree. I really think all the heart parties are in good fun and good spirit, and I don't mind them. But... maybe next time they can go into The Lounge's Off-Topic boards so that people with questions don't get drowned out on the front page feed. 

I do love all the people on this community and everyone here is deserving of heart parties because they are all amazing contributors! It is totally all in good fun, and I love the fun that we have. I think that newer members or skimmers of the community might get overwhelmed by these strings of threads, though, and many of us might end up missing out on their threads because of it.

HelloCoffee

Well said, Lari. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 42 replies
  • 170 hearts
  • 25 in conversation
    • emmaclaire
    • spoiledbrat
    • marydiva
    • dianabt
    • sarah1317