[ Edited ]
e Beauty Talk
How do I change my avatar?
Your avatar is the picture displayed next to your name. You can personalize your avatar by uploading a picture you would like to use from your image gallery on your profile page. If you do not upload a picture you will be given the default avatar.
To upload an image to your image gallery:
1. Go to your profile page
2. Click the “edit” link in the top right corner of “my image gallery”
3. You will be taken to an upload page. Click on “browse”
4. Upload your image. For the best results, the image should be a square and measure 195 x 195 pixels.
5. Your image will appear on the right. Click “save to gallery”
6. Click on the newly saved image.
7. From the “Image Options” dropdown menu above the image, choose “use image as avatar”.
To delete an image:
1. From the image gallery on your profile page, click on the image you would like to delete
2. From the “Image Options” dropdown menu above the image, choose “delete image”.
How do I tell other users about me?
Your Personal Profile contains information that let other Beauty Talk users know a little about you. You have control over what information you post, and whether it is visible to all users, your "Friends," or to no one. Whatever your choice, please do not post any confidential information, or anything you don't want others to see.
The “About Me” “My Top 10 Favorite Products” and “Image Gallery” sections of your profile page can all be edited by clicking on the “edit” button in those sections, or by going to “My Settings.”
The information next to your avatar on your profile page (birthday, hair color, eye color, etc.) is taken from your Beauty Insider profile and can be updated by editing your profile from the Beauty Insider account page. You will see the changes reflected to your Beauty Talk profile after you have logged out of sephora.com and then logged back in.
What is my Friends List?
Your Friends List has three functions:
If you have entered personal information on your Personal Profile page, and if you have checked the Friends Only option for Profile Privacy on your Display & Privacy Settings tab, then only people on your Friends List will be able to see your personal information.
Similarly, if you have checked the Friends Only option for Online Status on your Display & Privacy Settings tab, then only people on your Friends List will be able to see when you are online or not.
When you send a message in the Private Messenger, all your friends will appear in a dropdown menu that you can select from. You can then send one of them a message without having to type their user name into the Send to field.
To add a user to your Friends List:
1. Go to that user’s profile page by clicking on their avatar.
2. In the gray “Contact” box, click “Add to Friends”