Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support

Gift Returns

I just wanted to reach out to other Beauty Insiders and staff regarding an issue I've had with trying to return a gift. Are we all in the same boat here? Let me start by saying, Sephora has a great return policy when I am the purchaser myself. But the gift refund system is obviously unfair. I do not have a Sephora store within reasonable distance of me, and I do not feel like I should be punished because I received a gift from Sephora. I have the online order receipt from the purchase, and the back CLEARLY states "FOR GIFT RETURNS: If you are returning a gift and do not want the refund to go to the purchaser, before mailing the return, please call 1-877-SEPHORA to set up the gift return under your account. Your refund will be in the form of an online credit...." However, I have called and spoken to two different staff members who have told me this is incorrect information, and the refund is REQUIRED to go back to the purchaser's original form of payment. WHY IS THIS PRINTED ON THE BACK OF RECEIPTS IF IT IS FALSE INFORMATION? And more importantly, if Sephora just wants the money for the purchase, why am I unable to simply receive store credit (which would then require to make another purchase within the store)? The rep then went ahead to tell me that I can try to get a gift card in replacement in the store, but it is up to the discretion of the store manager. So no, i'm not getting in my car to drive an hour to likely be told I can't receive store credit for an unused gift purchase. I am SO done with Sephora.

Re: Gift Returns

Hi @nattygirl

I'm going to send you a private message. Please check your inbox when you have a moment. Thanks!

Best,

Mali

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing