brittybaby88

need to find a holy grail liquid foundation brush!!!

I am currently using  La Mer´s treatment fluid foundation which has been working tremendously for  me... and have been playing around with several of my brushes. I have and tried the hourglass foundation brush as well as Chanel´s flat foundation brush and MAC´s small stippling brush..  but can´t seem to find the best one that works. I´d like a brush that is synthetic and doesn't shed at all. I´m not too worried about price point as long as it is good quality and lasts a long time...all suggestions are welcome!!

shapeshifter

Re: need to find a holy grail liquid foundation brush!!!

(0) Hearts

My absolute favorite (especially now that I'm applying other people's foundation several times a day!) is the sephora pro airbrush #56 for liquid and #55 for powder foundation. The best trick to getting an airbrush finish with the liquid brush is to

apply the makeup in a small puddle on the back of your hand,

swirl a little of the foundation with your finger to warm it up (applies smoother) and make the puddle not deep,

stipple the brush in the makeup, just on the bristles at the top of the dome,

stipple a light application of make up on face from center then out,

rub the brush on your arm or tissue to unload it,

then use small circle motions to buff in the makeup on face.

If you want more coverage, repeat the steps once more.

this way you use WAY less foundation while getting great even coverage, no streaks, no mask line near hair or jaw line.

btmod2

(0) Hearts

Hi brittybaby88,

I highly recommend trying Sephora Collection's Pro Airbrush #55. It is one of the best foundation brushes that I have used. It works extremely well with liquid foundations. I like that this brush is soft, but it is still dense enough to effortlessly buff your foundation in. I definitely recommend giving it a try. :smileyhappy:

Best,

Randee

fhgarman

(0) Hearts

Like so many others here, I am in love with my UD Good Karma Optical Blurring brush! I've also decided to order the Sigma F80 after reading so many glowing reviews all over the internet. I've just started to use a liquid foundation for the first time in many, many years. 2 brushes means that I will always have one foundation brush clean and dry when I need it.

michmo

(0) Hearts

I just received the Shiseido Foundation Brush and I think it may quickly become my HG.  

http://www.sephora.com/foundation-brush-P294101?skuId=1364009

BrennaBombshell

(0) Hearts

I really love my Sephora Pro Airbrush #56. It gives an airbrush finish without leaving any streaks or spots. Then I usually buff everything out with my kabuki after using my blush, contour/highlight and finishing powder. 

Jenny5783

(0) Hearts

The Sigma F80 is Amazing!! Easy to use and flawless finish. Such great quality too. For $21 it is an absolute steal. I'd pay triple for this brush (shhh don't tell Sigma)  :smileyhappy: 

LaiceeB18

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

images.jpg

I actually got a brush set from Colorfulonline.com..... it was $15 and I positively fell in love with some of the brushes that came in the set including the foundation brush.

Edit: It sounds really cheep (of course it was $15!) But hey It had been working pretty good for me so far and I will love them until they don't. I really do want the Sigma make me cool brushes though *sighs*..

TeemaB

(0) Hearts

Hi. Can you provide the link to the brushes you bought? It seems like an awesome buy!

(0) Hearts

I found mine at Sephora a few months ago -- and I am so in love with it!! It's the Urban Decay Optical Blurring Foundation Brush and it's worth every penny. It's amazing. For a cheaper option, Sigma makes a nice one too -- it's my second fave. But truly nothing compares to the UD one.

llvv

(0) Hearts

Sephora has just released a new stippling brush that is amazing!  It's unlike their other stippling brush that looks like MAC's stippling brush.  This one has shorter bristles and a larger, domed shaped head.  It doesn't shed!!!  I do like MAC's stippling brush as it applies my liquid foundation just right but the shedding is awful.  I put up with it because I like the effect but as soon as I saw Sephora's I had to try it.  It's amazing if you like to stipple.  It also does a great job of buffing.

lgold25

(0) Hearts

I'm a big fan of a brush I picked up at the MAC counter at Macy's.  The brush set wasn't terribly expensive and the foundation brush is great.  It's soft and rarely sheds.  This brush leaves my foundation looking as natural as you can get!

lucyshnoosy

(0) Hearts

I've been liking the Urban Decay Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush.  The brush hairs are synthetic and it does not shed for me.  I've been very happy with this purchase. 

http://www.sephora.com/good-karma-optical-blurring-brush-P374829?skuId=1435056

sarah468

(0) Hearts

Oh my, another brush to add to my list. I need to grow another face to use all this stuff. 

sarah468

In LOVE with my Sigma F80 and MAC 187. I go back and forth. My BFF swears by the RT buffing brush. 

ContentlyKayKay

(0) Hearts

Agreed.. I'm constantly reaching for my Sigma F80 or F82 for foundation over any of my other foundation brushes. 

IttyxBittyxMe

The Tarte Airbrush Foundation brush is the only brush I use to apply foundation. I got mine in a set off of QVC awhile ago so it has a cute purple handle, but Sephora sells it as well. Nothing applies my foundation like this brush does. I even tried to get the super talked about Beauty Blender but it couldn't hold it's own against this wonderful wonderful brush and ended up being taken back.

So yeah, this is my recommendation. 

jojobe

(0) Hearts

I vote for the Tarte as well! 

dollface131313

(0) Hearts

another vote for this brush i don't think i'll ever change to another brush now

also since your using an expensive foundation this will help a little go a long way  

veronika23

Also love this one.

calamityjane85

another vote here!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 33 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • tehprincessjenn
    • sarah468
    • jojobe
    • llvv