refinedtita

Why won't you notify Insiders when discontinuing a product or an enitre line?

I've become recently upset with Sephora because I have again found that a favorite item of mine has been discontinued.  Why have you not figured a way to notify us that items will no longer be available?  Another disappointment is when the product has changed their formula and design which is not a favorable change.  I was understanding when it was one to two products, but today I discovered two more of my products are gone and or changed! 

As much as I love you Sephora, and my friends and I joke and call you "our church," this issue is very upsetting.

achet69

Re: Why won't you notify Insiders when discontinuing a product or an enitre line?

(0) Hearts

Even by consulting purchase history they should be able to do this. If you have purchased the item before you get an e-mail. "we wanted to let you know..."

Or if Sephora stops carrying the line altogether this would be a great function to have because people tend to be faithful to the lines they love and re-purchase over and over.

For instance I have heard rumours that Sephora may stop carrying Lorac, and Stilla in the near future. 'to acommodate new and exciting brands'  

Titian06

Re: Why won't you notify Insiders when discontinuing a product or an enitre line?

BE has a section on their website called "Last Chance" for items that are being discontinued or discontinued items they still have a few left in inventory.  Occassionally, I'll get an e-mail for a sale for the Last Chance items, but I'm never notified when items are added.  I just check when I think about it.

On the other hand, how many brands let Sephora know in advance they are discontinuing an item so that Sephora can let their customers know, allowing them to put the item in a Last Chance section on-line or in a sale section in-store?  How many brands call Sephora to say pull the product "today" and send everything back now.  I, personally, have never seen any name brand items like UD or Lorac in the sale section at Sephora or SiJCP, only Sephora-brand items.

Sephora can only do what their agreements with the brands allow them to.  Your best bet is to subscribe to the brands' websites.

emmaclaire

I have gotten an email from Sephora letting me know something was being discontinued, but strangely enough it was something that ultimately WASN'T discontinued LOL

DTalksAll

I don't think Nordstrom, Bloomies, Macy's, BeautyBar, Ulta... do this. I wonder how something like this would work. 

If something is in your purchase history do you automatically get an e-mail if it's being discontinued? Some items are limited edition, so do we get a notification for those too? 

I agree with BeautyTester... reformulation/packaging is on the brand. I subscribe to a lot of brand e-mails & never get a notification that they will be changing the product. Although some brands will send an e-mail AFTER it's changed, to announce a "new" product. 

I'm just trying to figure out how this would work, and how it's Sephora's job to inform you. 

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

I was thinking along the line of what Amazon does. You know how if something in your wishlist is discontinued, it stays in your list but shows up as discontinued/OOS? I think it would be great if Sephora does that too instead of just having the item missing from your list. Depending on how Sephora stores love lists, they can implement something where any time an item is removed, but NOT by the user, then send a notification (cuz the only other "person" would be Sephora). Of course, these things might be easy or require a complete revamp depends on how Sephora program/implemented the love list.

Anyways, it would be a nice feature to have. I mentioned it to Sephora long long ago cuz I would notice my love list decreased but don't know which items were taken off. If I did I would've been able to find/get them else where instead of this reminance of a nagging feeling.

ps. I do like how we are still able to read some reviews for products even if Sephora stopped carrying them (altho it's a bit tricksy), because elsewhere might have them but no reviews and all these ppl took time to write them, would be a shame just to delete everything.

DTalksAll

oh from your loves list. That's a good idea. 

I use my loves list for future purchases. I have my Google docs Spreadsheet to keep track of which products I like/want to repurchase. The only time I keep an item I own on my loves list is if I want to include it in my next purchase. 

Yes, I like to be able to read reviews of products Sephora no longer carries. Google search is the easiest way to find those product reviews.

ChicDabbler

Oh I agree. Since there's a "What's New" section, it would be fantastic if there's a section for products Sephora is going to discontinue carrying instead of just implying it by putting it on sale or just pull them out suddenly. Especially if it's something on my list, then I wish Sephora can send us an email when they take it off our list.

Reformulation and design change kind of comes from the brand itself so I guess Sephora can't really do anything about that. =/

lilmissmodel14

(0) Hearts

That would be a great idea! I miss the tokidoki line! It was so cute :/

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • emmaclaire
    • ChicDabbler
    • lilmissmodel14