MMMiguel

Why are there not any male targeted items in the rewards boutique/samples?

[ Edited ]

I realize that Sephora's main target demographic are female. But as a male, I can't help but feel left out while shopping online and in the stores when it comes to using my VIB ROUGE points.

I do not wear make up and that's what most of the rewards/samples are. Please do not get me wrong, I just feel like my points are sitting there...it's difficult for me to find a reward/sample when shopping on-line. I just wish Sephora would offer more male oriented rewards/samples.

syritt

Re: Why are there not any male targeted items in the rewards boutique/samples?

I love the idea of gender neutral rewards. Unisex scents or tools or skincare stuff. That would make both me and my husband happy. ^_^ I love my lippies and makeup, but having stuff we can both use would be a bonus, and make me much more likely to use my points.

warriorwitch

Especially fragrance wise, I am much more partial to men's/unisex fragrance. I got a sample of the vanilla Atlier cologne and both me and Mr. Husband love it, so I might have to buy a full bottle.

rikkie

LOVE the Atelier colognes! Did you see they have a mini set of Vanille Insensée and Orange Sanguine for $18 right now??

swfupload_4530105606593394223.jpg

warriorwitch

(0) Hearts

Oooh nice! I might just have to have that. Thanks.

DrWould

I've noticed this too! Since they always have multiple perks for 100/250/500 points, I think there should be at least one perk for men at each level. I would definitely pick up some things for my boyfriend! It only makes sense since Sephora does carry men's products. 

nebel

I think this is a good point!  Another option would be to offer some "gender neutral" items- soaps or shower gels in fresh scents, clear lip balms, hair gel, even tools like nail clippers or tweezers.  

nathaliew

(0) Hearts

Exactly!

dianabt

(0) Hearts

Hi MMMiguel,

Thanks for sharing your feedback, I agree with and know how you feel! I actually have a lot of guy friends who are Beauty Insider members who tell me the same thing. Yes the majority of our clients are women but we do have our male clients who love perks too!

You definitely CAN ask for samples of whatever you would like to try in store and I'll forward your request to our Beauty Insider team and hopefully they can help bring more mens samples to the board. :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
rikkie

When they do come around they are usually much bigger than the other perks though! Anthony Logistics and Jack Black show up reasonably often as point perks, and my husband was thrilled when I ordered the Jack Black shaving cream for my Sephora birthday gift this year, it's his new favorite!

I agree that there could be more options though, I would pick them up for my husband and sometimes I end up loving them myself!

MMMiguel

[ Edited ]

I see a popular theme showing up in these replies...the ladies love to pamper the men in their lives too! :smileyhappy:

DTalksAll

my boyfriend will only use high end products if I purchase it for him. He loves the Clinique shave cream, really won't use anything else & is pretty good about telling me when he's running low. If I know an on-line order is going to arrive when he's home, then I usually throw one in my cart so he won't question my own purchases :smileywink: , so he's usually well stocked. When he does run out though, he won't go & purchase one himself. And he likes a lot of the moisturizer samples I get for him. 

rikkie

SO true, I swear my husband is like... "I GUESS I'll use this non-drugstore product, but only because it is already here. It would be wasteful not to." 

*raves about how amazing it makes his skin feel*

But if I didn't keep things around for him he would never have it again, it's like he doesn't know where it comes from or have any curiosity about what else is out there that could be just as amazing. 

nebel

(0) Hearts

My husband is actually pretty good at keeping stock of the products he likes, but unfortunately Sephora doesn't carry many of his favorites (Arcona, Molton Brown)

warriorwitch

You act like this is a surprise. :smileytongue:

lilyyy

I agree! I would love to redeem my points for my bf.

spoiledbrat

If it makes you feel better, when the pick 3 came out it was better IMO than any promo for females - 3 mini colognes or whatever 3 you wanted to pick from a good variety - our minis are now 250pts instead of 100 pts - in the store they will make samples for you of most things

nathaliew

I agree! I am always trying to find good samples for my husband and brother in law but there is pretty much nothing...

shapeshifter

I agree, there aren't many. Did you check the promo code thread though? There's a pick 3 for men's products currently. I've gotten that a few times because my bf likes the products.

MMMiguel

[ Edited ]

I have used that promo code for 3 orders I placed just this month.

I like what they offer with that promo code I believe it's FORHIM.

I'm just looking for variety...it doesn't seem like they switch out the items in that promo code often. :/

Kiki1517

I believe this has been brought up before but it is a very good point. They sell men's products so it would only make sense that they offer you more rewards as well. I wouldn't mind there being more as well because I would probably pick some up if there was something good for my boyfriend to try out. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 64 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • nathaliew
    • spoiledbrat
    • dianabt
    • lilyyy
    • iknowitstoday