beautydollJuli

WHO CAN HELP?

(0) Hearts

I am really confused about the type of skin I have. I though I had Combination to oily skin, but i've been reading and researching and now I believe I might have normal skin! Help please!

beautylovingirl

Re: WHO CAN HELP?

(0) Hearts

Combination skin is where oil gathers in the T-Zone -the nose,cheeks forehead and chin. Do you have this?

beautydollJuli

Well my nose tends to get oily throughout the day, but not excessively. My chin a little, but my forehead not too much. My cheeks feel fine, no oil, or at least I don't notice any!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I would say that you have Combination/Normal skin since you have your oiliness in certain areas and your cheeks are normal.

beautydollJuli

(0) Hearts

Any products, specifically exfoliators/scrubs, face and under eye moisturizers you would recommend for this skin type?

beautylovingirl

For the exfoliator I would suggest Exfolikate gentle exfoliating treatment .gentle exfolikate.jpg And for an eye cream for moisture only I would suggest Clinque's All About Eyes Rich. Here are the links if you want to look at them:

http://www.sephora.com/all-about-eyes-rich-P174502?

skuId=971473

http://www.sephora.com/exfolikate-gentle-exfoliating-treatment-P232925

ChicDabbler

Wipe your skin clean with water, wait 5-10min then feel your skin. Does your cheek or other areas feel dry? Does your nose feel comfortable/normal or oily?

If your whole face feels fine then you have normal skin. If your cheek feels dry and nose normal you have dry combo. If your cheek's fine and nose oily then you have oily combo. That's what the Clinique lady who introduced me to high end skincare did (she was a cosmetologist and her recommendation worked, so I trust her).

warriorwitch

[ Edited ]

The gardenofwisdom has really good descriptions of the different skin types. I found it very helpful. :smileyvery-happy:

lillyjumper

hummmm... clinique might have a survey question thing that might help!! check their website!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • ChicDabbler
    • beautylovingirl
    • lillyjumper
    • warriorwitch
    • beautydollJuli
Photos1