Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Trouble Accessing BT? Or is it just me?

Weird. A few days ago I tried to get on BT but got an error message. Something like 'Authentication Error, please contact your service administrator and supply reference number 12345'. So I couldn't get here. 😦

It's been days and I have been so irked about this, but I keep trying to get on day and night. No friends knew what the problem was. Then after getting that stupid message 1,369 times today (okay, slight exaggeration - #FakeNews 😜) I noticed that it did say 'beauty talk' in the upper left side of that window, so I hit it and Voila! I'm here!! So that's good news.

BUT, I now fear that little trick may stop working at some point and you all know what it's like being without BT! 😯 😟 😐.

Has anybody else had this issue? Does anyone have any thoughts about this problem? (Totally computer/tablet unfriendly here)

**Outing Myself......Confession - funny paranoid nanosecond of a thought - Did someone in my house mess with my tablet so I can't get promo access, talk to friends etc.? They flip out if they see a package that I was not able to intercept and hide. If they could block my access, they would! 😒 Meanies....like Bumbles with a never ending toothache and no Elf dentist in sight.

Thanks for any input. This makes you realize how much our BT Family matters, for sure. Thanks again my friends. ❤

Re: Trouble Accessing BT? Or is it just me?

I only had the issue in Chrome, but once I cleared my cache it was fine. You don't need to use a different browser.

@kssweetheart @Insomniacmuffin @kimbumyum @sabrinas here are the steps you should take and hopefully it should happen less often. These steps are from a chrome broswer but should be mostly the same regardless of whatever broswer you use.

Go to setting, advanced settings, scroll down to privacy and you will see something like this:

Screen Shot 2017-02-05 at 9.55.08 PM.png

Once you have clicked that button, you will be brought to a more advanced screen. 

Make sure you have the same items checked that I do and click the button at the bottom of the screen.

Screen Shot 2017-02-05 at 9.59.46 PM.png

After you have done this, make sure to completely shut down and reset your internet broswer. This should then hopefully solve your problem with BeautyTalk. 

I do this roughly once every two to three weeks and I am fine. I have found that if I access BT from my mobile browser on my phone, I need to do this process more often.

I had the same issue a few weeks ago on mobile Safari 😞

Sephora should just let BT accessible through THE app or an app. 

Hi @kssweetheart,

I'm sorry to hear this! I'd recommend clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser like recommended below. I hope this works for you! (: 

XOXO,
Marieke

clear the cookies, thats what I did and it was solved

@Alexmarya Easily said, however I literally have to clear my cookies once a day in order to do basic things on sephora like leave reviews, go to my cart, etc. It really gets annoying after a while lol.

what about changing browzer?

Hmm i havent thought of that! Im quite happy with chrome but if I have to use firefox just for my sephora life then I guess ill survive haha @Alexmarya

LOL my access was doing the same thing, it's not just you.

I don't know if it's related, but when I cleared my browsing data the issue resolved.. but I'm no techy so it's probably a coicidence.

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos2
  • Screen Shot 2017-02-05 at 9.55.08 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-02-05 at 9.59.46 PM.png
testing