islandqt

Top ten on homepage

Ok not really a question but does anyone else find that section on the homepage where they ask make-up designers (right now it's Francois Nars) what their top ten is kinda...pointless? Not to be harsh but of course he's going to give you like 7 of his products and some other randoms thrown in! LOL! sorry I just can't take it seriously. Why not make them give a top ten but it Cannot be any of their own products? (unrealistic I know, but that would be fun no?) just a thought! .
katimae

Re: Top ten on homepage

(0) Hearts

I completely agree! I never look at the Top Ten.  And I do think an unbiased party should put their own Top Ten in and that the Pro Designer should do a "how to" video of something cool using his/her own favorite/new/old products.  Those are great ideas ladies!!!

superlativity

Re: Top ten on homepage

(0) Hearts

I like what allegrissima said about having the artist give top tips instead, that would be much more helpful, as well as the staff favorites. I'd be interested in knowing which products the staff actually use themselves.

officegal

I totally agree, islandqt!  I never look at the list beca...

I totally agree, islandqt!  I never look at the list because it's totally biased and it's like, "What about the stuff from your line that you're NOT recommending?  Do those suck?!"

I would rather see recommendation from the staff... but I also take that with a grain of salt.  The Sephora Beauty and the Blog is always full of positive reviews on the latest stock and it's not like the staff can also say that what they sell isn't perfect.  Reviews are generally going to be positive.

Maybe the thing to do is ask the makeup artists/designers to list a few of their own products and choose the remainder from other brands.

katie1724

Re: I totally agree, islandqt!  I never look at the list beca...

[ Edited ]

As much as I adore François Nars (and I do), I totally agree with islandqt and the others. Besides -- NARS is owned by Shiseido! (and the only products listed were by NARS and Shiseido, so, really, the recommendations are a bit biased)...and pros must use other products...? I mean, I would think...because it's only natural that other lines would have stronger products in certain areas.

Furthermore, while I love hearing from the pros, I wish they would do instructional videos for Sephora re: their favorite looks, how to best use their newly-launched products (or old favorites)...and I, too, would love to see the top ten lists of Sephora employees / our own lists!

:smileyvery-happy:

daisy346

Re: I totally agree, islandqt!  I never look at the list beca...

(0) Hearts

I agree. I barely even glance at that top 10.....like the rest of you, I would rather see Sephora employees post their top 10, or some of you gals who really know their stuff. I think Sephora employees would be interesting because they have access to soooo many products; they can test everything and probably only buy the products that they really love.

tenngal

I totally agree with you!!!  I would rather see my fellow...

I totally agree with you!!!  I would rather see my fellow Beauty Talk gals favorite products then a celebrity that's going to pick half of their own products.  Great idea, islandqt! :smileyhappy:

eastakrongirl

I'd like to see a different Sephora staff member post the...

I'd like to see a different Sephora staff member post their top 10 each week. Who knows better than the guys & gals "in the trenches"?! Lol:smileywink:

jadorezrg

Re: I'd like to see a different Sephora staff member post the...

(0) Hearts

I LOVE this idea! I frequently go to Sephora, my local staff knows me quite well and whenever I pay a visit, I always inquire about their opinions on certain products and recommendations. Since they have first hand experience with the products and aren't obligated to promote certain brands they're tied to (the way that the featured makeup artists are), I not only respect their opinions, I hold them higher than opinions I hear from others.

allegrissima

I agree.  It is rather boring!  He is the designer and he...

I agree.  It is rather boring!  He is the designer and he likes what he has created.  He has to promote his own products.  But I would rather learn new things from designers (tips, tricks etc.. ) instead of having them see promoting their own products.  I'm sure there are plenty of other products on the market that appeal to them.   

mermadelove

I agree with you, islandqt. Personally, I'd rather see ot...

I agree with you, islandqt. Personally, I'd rather see other posters' top ten lists. Especially people like you and tenngal and the others who a) know alot and share their knowledge, and b) don't have a vested interest in promoting the products. Melahlah has a good point, but I prefer seeing the lists of other "real" posters. :smileyhappy:

melalah

I see what you mean and it is kind of a no brainer they w...

I see what you mean and it is kind of a no brainer they will list mostly products from their own lines but for followers of their lines or people wanting to try something from their lines it could be a good reference still! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 14 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • melalah
    • tenngal
    • eastakrongirl
    • katie1724
    • officegal
    • islandqt