Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support

Selling Used Makeup on Ebay???

I am moving soon and have been looking at my makeup collection.

I have many powder-type makeup palettes that I am thinking of selling on ebay.  The majority of them have only been swatched and then put in my vanity, where they have sat unused since I bought them.  I also have many swatched colourpop eyeshadows that I don't use.

Is it ok to sell lightly used eyeshadow, blush, highlighter and bronzer on ebay?  Is that a no-no?  I hate to just throw them away, and there really isn't anywhere to donate them locally or anyone I know who would like to have them. 

What do you all think?

Re: Selling Used Makeup on Ebay???

Check out facebook groups in your area. I am in multiple ladies only buy/sell/trade groups on facebook and makeup is frequently sold/traded on them.

Thanks so much Everyone!  Looks like I have some research to do!

eBay is strict on their no used makeup policy. I was selling Back-to-MAC containers and they took down the listing since they said it was used. I made the point that I listed it as used and for Back-to-MAC but no go.

Sellers on Poshmark seem to sell used makeup a lot, I don't think they are as strict.

I sell new/lightly-used makeup on an app called Depop. I've had pretty good luck selling things on there. 

There are several websites that allow you to buy and sell gently used makeup.  Here are some: MUABS and Glambot.

Since links aren't allowed, Google ebay cosmetics policy.

Another Poshmark, but their rules do state no used, even though you'll see a ton on it - probably overload for the system to catch.

Try the Reddit subthread Makeup Exchange!

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing