cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Reminder to our Beauty Talk Community

Good Morning!

In an effort to keep our boards a positive environment and continue to remain the fun loving product-obsessed community we are, I want to send a reminder to please, play nice with one another!

Everyone was new to Beauty Talk at one point or another and we ask that you please do not take it upon yourselves to "educate" or "moderate" our new friends with guidelines outside of what we already have posted. (regarding posts, board rules, etc.)  This is what us mods are here for! 😉 

We're happy to participate, chat about product and help out when needed, but keep in mind that every post that comes through IS indeed seen by us and we will take the appropriate action. You can absolutely message us or flag anything as "abusive" if you feel it truly necessary.

Please refrain from any insulting, negative or bullying comments (this includes PM's) to other users, moderators or admins, whether they are new or seasoned. This is NOT tolerated and should it continue we will have to reconsider allowing any of the TSB threads to be posted or even individual participation/memberships in Beauty Talk. We would truly hate to do this so please- embrace your fellow BT'ers and share your passion for product with each other! 🙂 Please keep in mind this is not a new rule, nor is it being changed for anyone new to the boards- but is the same reminder we post every few months.

Beauty Talk Guidelines> http://community.sephora.com/t5/Welcome-Getting-Started/BeautyTalk-Guidelines/m-p/21/highlight/true#...

Sephora.com Terms of Use> http://www.sephora.com/contentStore/mediaContentTemplateNoNav.jsp?mediaId=11300018

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Re: Reminder to our Beauty Talk Community

InkDefense1.gif

My 2 cents:

The main reason that I come on to the forum is to get advice. Period. I love how much great information everyone is willing to share.

Having said that, I have never been on a forum where there wasn't some rudeness, perception of rudeness or whatever. And typing something comes across very differently than if it is spoken. People have different sensitivity levels and that's going to cause hurt feelings and anger no matter what.

If someone is completely out of line, by all means, the mods should let them know. But sometimes things just need to play out and folks need to just move on on their own.

Lastly, people need to be more accountable to themselves, for what they post, how they respond and how they read something.

I have to say that out of all the forums I've been a part of, THIS ONE has the most drama.

How have I missed all this good drama!?  I always miss the good stuff!

I'll edit my comment to say that it's the most drama about something that should have pretty much no drama. I peruse political forums and the like and those are very dramatic, but I expect that!

Honestly, this is a pretty low-drama forum in my experience - I think we must travel different parts of the internet. 

I whole-heartedly agree with you though that someone will be hurt or see rudeness where there is no intent for either and that we can't really ask people to somehow post in a way that won't offend or hurt anyone. That accountability for how you're taking things is really important, I know I see stuff in the wrong light after a cranky day and I just shut down the browser and read a book when I notice it. I think we all have days where interaction with the internet at large is a bad plan. 

I would like to add that not allowing outside links (I get why you do it - I'm not arguing that you should) adds to these hurt feelings when someone is trying to disagree with a factually incorrect statement - usually, it's internet-polite to provide citations and back-up factual evidence when you correct someone and without that ability here it sometimes comes across as "you're wrong because I said so!" If someone disagrees or corrects you - take a minute to look up what they're claiming before getting upset, you might learn something new! 

Yes, this is low drama, stuff gets cray on other forums. Then again, Zelda fans can start getting defensive and out of control with lots of debates and insults...

oh and where oh where are the Illuminati comments??? (YouTube comments!)  

I totally agree that this is low drama. 

I agree with Ladymeag, this forum is a 1 on the Kinsey Internet Drama scale. The odds would not be in some of y'all favor in surviving the Internet Hunger Games. 

I won the internet once. I may do well in the Internet Hunger Games. 😄

You won it, but then I poisoned your gummy bears and stole your mustache, so really, who was the real winner?

*strokes mustache ripped from Killah's face*

Now that's where you messed up! I don't EAT gummy bears! MYchoi warned me not to eat sugar free gummy bears so I didn't eat them! 

Also, I have mustaches on top of my mustaches. Endless supply! Even when it appears to be no mustache, a new one will grow in it's place! 😄

Yes, as a librarian, I agree! I need sources!

Sephora is bullying us TSB starters for one.... I am reporting them...

My Thoughts on this whole darn mess. ...

I have been new as well. No one made me join, no one made me post. I am here of my own free will to spread the love. However. I will say that the rude newcomers and mods are driving me from BT. I am also taking my money with me due to increased poor customer service. As far as TSB's go, they have always went quite well until this fall when BT was opened up a bit more (but not quite as obvious as now) Then there have been newcomers that have signed up for said TSB's and stolen or put in disgustingness into as TSB. I was in 2 that were stolen and I was not a HOF when that happened. If I didn't like what someone else had to say I ignored it. If it was helpful I told them so and I at least tried to use the Search bar before posting for the billionth time. I have started a TSB where all you needed was to be a VIB or ROUGE.IF Sephora were to cancel all TSB threads I would never return to a beauty forum and I would be contacting 20/20 for this and all of the ROUGE program unfairness ( if ya all want to start pulling out the fairness cards) We have requirements for TSB's because we have our own personal money we have spent and we do not really know any one. It is a fun way to swap but no so fun when you get it stolen or a boxfull of used maybelline. If everyone complains because they cannot get into a tsb then no one will continue to do them. IF you cannot participate in the community in a positive way and learn to wait and be trusted, then start your own. When it gets stolen you can cry but no one will help you start a new one because you didn't want to become an active part. If you don't like jokes, skip the tread, dont start crying "mean gIirls" because you are the ones inciting drama, not those who post paula deen..

I hope you few new people who made no attempt to be kind to others remembers that Karma is a *****! What goes around comes around and I hope you find whatever you are looking for because a beauty forum is not a place for your childness. I would much rather get advice that is correct and will not harm myself and if I needed a constant quote from Paula's Choice, I would just go look it up myself. .

Oh is this mod-smackdown related to the TSB?  I've seen some TSB where there are things I'd like to get my hands on, but I'd never join them because I think all the good stuff would be gone by the time it got around to me.  Looks like my negative outlook on life saved me once again from unnecessary dramaz!  Haha.  I agree with you about skipping threads you're uninterested in.  I think the hearts parties are incredibly stupid, so when I see them, I just skip them.  It's actually really easy to ignore things you're uninterested in.  🙂

Anonymous Insider

I'm honestly not a big heart party fan either, especially when it's the same people making heart parties for themselves on a weekly basis. I think it was nice when it when was a few people who would make heart parties for others when they reached big numbers, but it really got annoying quickly when they started to be constant. And the big drama links back to people feeling left out or bullied because they can't join the TSBs! God forbid we try to keep people from straight up stealing the boxes.

I agree with the Heart Parties, at first I thought they were cute. However after seeing them constantly I just avoid them. It's one thing if you reach a really big number or something but a lot of these seem to be a reason just to post something irrelevant. 

I cannot for the life of me, wrap my head around about giving a f*** about how many hearts you have.  I especially don't understand giving a f*** about how many hearts someone else has!  But yeah, if people want to post that sort of thing, let them.  It's really no skin off my back. 

I can't imagine caring enough to go into a thread to complain about a heart party.  People who throw heart parties have too much time on their hands, but people who complain about heart parties in the heart party threads have way too much time on their hands.

(Note: It goes without saying that complaining about hearts parties in other threads, like I'm doing now, is totally valid.  :P)

Note to self - itscarin really, really does not like hearts or heart parties or people talking about heart parties (except her). I think I got it. 😉

Well said! I sometimes get annoyed or flustered with certain threads but I ignore them...just because I don't agree with them doesn't make them wrong. I think the mods having to post something like this is kind of ridiculous and just plain sad. 

Additionally, I can definitely see why tsbs have stricter requirements for joining as I was also part of a tsb that was stolen. It really sucks for everyone participating. It isn't "fair" for people to put so much effort and thought into something only to have it stolen or replaced with crap. 

You are exactly right.  I couldn't agree more.

testing