Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Off-Topic Board Update

Hi BeautyTalkers! Happy Valentine's Day!

I posted this message in another thread but I wanted to post it here as well so everyone could see it.

BeautyTalk is a wonderful place to talk about beauty, get advice from brands, Pros, Beauty Advisors and each other, and to obsess over products. I also think it's a great place to be silly and get a respite from our day to day lives.

This is why we created the Off-Topic thread; we hoped people would make friends, and if they did, then in theory they would want to talk about something else other than beauty! That being said, I can see how with the redesign of the site, all of the off-topic threads on the homepage may seem a little overwhelming to a person who is just browsing for beauty advice.

So taking some advice our community members, we've removed the off-topic thread from the BeautyTalk homepage, so that those threads no longer show up in the feed. Please be advised that they are still there! All you need to do to see them is click on "The Lounge" category, or even bookmark that link for direct access. This was done to ensure that BeautyTalk is fun and helpful for everyone, and that we can accommodate the office party AND the frat party (because we do love both).

Thank you guys so much for continuing to participate in BT and make it a great community.

Your friendly Community Manager,

Candace

Anonymous Insider

Re: Off-Topic Board Update

THANK YOU Heart

Thank you Candace! 

I love the off topic threads, they are a lot of fun, but have been clogging up the main page lately. 

Anonymous Insider

Agree

I think this option should be left to us. We should be able to filter what we want to see in our main page.  Some people start awesome threads that are beauty related but not specific to one product so it goes on the Off-Topic board.  If you don't like a particular thread just pass by it and scroll down!  It's not that hard!

I agree.  It'd be nice to have a catch-all subtopic for the beauty threads which might not fit into a specific area but are about beauty and therefore not really "off-topic."

I know what you mean... but I also like to see off topic stuff too.  Sometimes we get great threads with awesome topics or just really funny ones.  I mean who doesn't like to laugh? 😄  From time to time certain topics, no matter what it is, will clog up the main page.  Give it a few hours or a day... it will go away.

I agree.  I appreciate that the mods are listening to the feedback here on BT, but I personally like seeing all of the threads, and am annoyed that a few complaints led to this change.  This is inconvenient for me.

YES! Thank you!

Agreed. I thought off-topic = lounge except not. It would be great if we can have a filter instead so everyone can view their preferred choice of topics. 😃

Oh thank god! Those we're getting annoying!

nowhere near as annoying as threads and comments complaining about things that people find annoying... at least we are having fun and not being downers **bleep** about everything. 

I'm happy about this because I do not go on here to get/give advice about boys or cheer people up when they are sad. This is A BEAUTY forum is it not? I beleive that's the point of keeping It less 'off topic' and btw, your comment is very much 'downer' in comparison to mine simply agreeing with the original thread. 

Great idea, Thanks!! 

Can we please have the five million Valentine's Day threads moved? Especially since most of them were all started by the same person. 

They are trying to delete their account, maybe the threads will go with it. 

Thanks a bunch Candace, this should make a lot of people happy!  Now if we could get people to stop going to the ridiculous effort of trying to sell us kitchens, we'd all be even happier. 🙂

Am I the only one who appreciates the kitchens!?  

Thank you Candace 🙂 Just as another suggestion, it would be great if BT had filters, so I could filter the topics and have the topics I want showing up on the main page.

Great idea, @kenny!

Thank you for not deleting our fun Candace. We appreciate the changes. 🙂

Thanks Candace for all your hard work!!! 🙂

89 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • upload_1345393079306856371.jpg
  • llama falcon.jpg
  • space cat hipster.jpg