Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Off-Topic Board Update

Hi BeautyTalkers! Happy Valentine's Day!

I posted this message in another thread but I wanted to post it here as well so everyone could see it.

BeautyTalk is a wonderful place to talk about beauty, get advice from brands, Pros, Beauty Advisors and each other, and to obsess over products. I also think it's a great place to be silly and get a respite from our day to day lives.

This is why we created the Off-Topic thread; we hoped people would make friends, and if they did, then in theory they would want to talk about something else other than beauty! That being said, I can see how with the redesign of the site, all of the off-topic threads on the homepage may seem a little overwhelming to a person who is just browsing for beauty advice.

So taking some advice our community members, we've removed the off-topic thread from the BeautyTalk homepage, so that those threads no longer show up in the feed. Please be advised that they are still there! All you need to do to see them is click on "The Lounge" category, or even bookmark that link for direct access. This was done to ensure that BeautyTalk is fun and helpful for everyone, and that we can accommodate the office party AND the frat party (because we do love both).

Thank you guys so much for continuing to participate in BT and make it a great community.

Your friendly Community Manager,

Candace

Re: Off-Topic Board Update

If I skip a day of Beauty Talk then I miss everything, Llamas, Valentine's Day posts, Paula Deen , lost... 😛 I hope eventually we're able to filter what we'd like to see and not, sad face for the change :(.

Irritated by this...fixing something that isn't broken can be done almost instantly, but fixing something that really is broken-never happens

*Loud, audible sigh*

This explains why the main feed is just a list of TSB updates now 🙂

no offence on those posts intended - but why aren't they off topic?  They aren't beauty advice.  Or are they?  😉

But things that totally are beauty and purchase related are in the off-topic - the Palette Parade, the Enable/Disable thread, and plenty of other things that aren't really off-topic that are now hiding. 😞 

If they are VIB or Rouge only TSB they would be posted under VIB or Rouge and since you are Rouge it would show up in your main page 🙂

Ohhhh duh LOL

thxs

🙂

Cool. Sometimes, change is good. 🙂

I appreciate the change.  I don't mind the holiday threads, heart parties and llama pictures--actually of these three, I like the llamas the best--but it's nice not to have them clogging up the main page.

llamas are the new black 🙂

This is an example of why I hate this new change. The thread I linked below is a GREAT one!!!

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/What-do-you-think-about-photoshop-in-magazines/td-p/116651...

Now because of a few whining babies it's no longer on the main page.  Most people won't see it when I think everyone should see it.  It's a great topic and relates to beauty.  This isn't the only thread in off-topic that is great.  I really don't get why the off-topic board was moved out of the main page just because some people don't want to see a few topics... There's a lot of stuff I'm tired of seeing on the main page but I just scroll down.  Like everyone should.  It doesn't mean because there's an influx of off-topic posts in the last few days that everything should change.

I really think it's too bad the swatch board and other relevant makeup threads are getting sequestered with the lot too. 😞

Anonymous Insider

Yeah, the haul board is one of my favorites. 

Good point V!

Yep , to much paula and llama love.. .guess some people don't like to laugh, but to make all of the off topic is just plain dumb. so I guess we will be forced to find somewhere else to shop too. 

Feeling the same.

I feel like I am not good enough, or mature enough anymore. 

Nordie's can't get to Canada fast enough 😄

I agree. If people don't want to see a post, don't click on it. There are plenty of topics I don't like seeing--Deyore, llamas, heart parties--but I don't go whining to Sephora about it. I think it's nice to have off-topic discussions because it lets you develop friendships with people. If people don't want to participate in those threads, they can ignore them. I'm honestly so annoyed with some of the threads and some of the people on BT, I'm considering leaving. It's just not fun anymore.

I'm glad you feel that way. I got pretty sick of the five million VD posts you made. Nothing personal. I found them just as annoying as you seem to have found some other posts. At least we get to choose what to read and what to ignore. 

Would it be inappropriate for me to post a llama here? 

Llamas are never inappropriate. 🙂

i agree 100%

89 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • upload_1345393079306856371.jpg
  • llama falcon.jpg
  • space cat hipster.jpg
  • upload_3329859071288731924.gif
  • image.jpg