Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Off-Topic Board Update

Hi BeautyTalkers! Happy Valentine's Day!

I posted this message in another thread but I wanted to post it here as well so everyone could see it.

BeautyTalk is a wonderful place to talk about beauty, get advice from brands, Pros, Beauty Advisors and each other, and to obsess over products. I also think it's a great place to be silly and get a respite from our day to day lives.

This is why we created the Off-Topic thread; we hoped people would make friends, and if they did, then in theory they would want to talk about something else other than beauty! That being said, I can see how with the redesign of the site, all of the off-topic threads on the homepage may seem a little overwhelming to a person who is just browsing for beauty advice.

So taking some advice our community members, we've removed the off-topic thread from the BeautyTalk homepage, so that those threads no longer show up in the feed. Please be advised that they are still there! All you need to do to see them is click on "The Lounge" category, or even bookmark that link for direct access. This was done to ensure that BeautyTalk is fun and helpful for everyone, and that we can accommodate the office party AND the frat party (because we do love both).

Thank you guys so much for continuing to participate in BT and make it a great community.

Your friendly Community Manager,

Candace

Re: Off-Topic Board Update

llama falcon.jpg

SAVE THE LLAMAS! 

Jaime, WHERE DO YOU GET ALL YOUR LLAMAS PICTURES?!?! Just want you to know, they are amazing. *saves the llama picture* Seriously, if you post any more, then my personal picture folder is also gonna get overrun by llamas, lol.

my computer is stuffed to the bursting point with llamas and paula deen 😉 

i have spent years collecting llama pictuers hahaha. if you can think of it, it exists on the internet somewhere! i just google whatever random thought i am having (paula deen riding llama) and boom! there it is under the images tab 😉 

i think i have a pretty sweeeet party planned for tonight, too! time to start getting excited 😉 

Thank you again, Candace, for all you do. 😄

Candace, you rock! Thanks so much for listening! It's a great idea to have the off-topic parties out of everyone's faces.

Everyone, get the llamas out!

upload_1345393079306856371.jpg

Go Candace! Go Candace!

This is why you are one of my favorite mods.

Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart 

With that said, can we have a filter instead? so that people who wants to see everything still can?

Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • upload_1345393079306856371.jpg
  • llama falcon.jpg
  • space cat hipster.jpg
  • upload_3329859071288731924.gif
  • image.jpg
  • hamsteridea.jpg
testing