lovely1reigns

New ideas for insider points!

Earning points is addictive, saving them for products is even more so! But what about saving them for products we specifically want or for cash coupons to use for products we want. Wouldn't that be even better?

Sonalys

Re: New ideas for insider points!

(0) Hearts

I just lost points :-( How did this happen?  I didn't return anything.  I was trying to buy something and when I removed some things I noticed that instead of the 221 points accumulated it said 163 :-( Why???  

BlushHoarder

Well, if you are ordering on the website, they do like to add the points you would earn from that purchase to your points. Did your points go down by the value of what was in your cart?

Sophia

I think it would be cool if we beauty beauty insiders could get points for doing reviews. Reviews help me a lot when I'm shopping online so it would be good if we got rewards for doing something that helps sephora's customers.
beautylovingirl

I think that Sephora should sample makeup, and  eye shawdows more to VIB's because there are so many VIB's wanting to try shades of the new foundations and eye shawdow colors that come out. That's something that we all would love and  for the majority would be good for sephora because they know if we love the sample products we're coming for the full size.

dolceloure

(0) Hearts

I loved reading all of these ideas/suggestions!

While I like the idea of getting points for reviews + hearts, I know an issue with that would be people getting points based off of brief, unhelpful reviews, or hearts they got/gave from spam/off-topic type of posts. Though I suppose if the reward were  a small one (like a 10% off coupon for 100 hearts) it wouldn't be such a big deal. And maybe if points were received -- rather than for reviews, but for every helpful review vote? Someone who wrote one review but received 50 helpful votes is obviously contributing more than the person who left 50 different, but unhelpful reviews.

I was excited to see that Sephora's doing 5 free samples w/ any purchase (they're listening to us!! :smileyvery-happy: ) but bummed that it's just for a little bit. I can't afford to do any shopping right now so I can't take advtange of that little deal. :smileysad: It would be cool if the 5 sample offer became permanent, at least for VIBs!! I mean, we're clearly shopaholics. If given 5 samples, there's an 80% we'll end up buying the full size of at least one of those samples. :smileyhappy:

The shipping comments.....SOOOO agree. I want to go to the Sephora headquarters and just run down the halls screaming "free shipping!!!!!!" lol  again, maybe just for VIBs. No coupon code! Or maybe if you could use redeem some of your points for free shipping? So in addition to a 100 and 500 pt level...maybe a 50 point level, which simply = free shipping on your order? That way you can still use a promotion code to get a discount or a deluxe sample.

jojobe

I wish sometimes we could get all 12 samples on the board. Not just 3. Maybe we could redeem 100 points for all of the samples when we order, and not just the boring 3. Or VIB's should at least get to choose more than 3, we spend a lot of money and I like being able to get a reward for my dedication( to shopping at SEPHORA) A lot of times by the time we get emails for promotions they are already gone. This too needs to be fixed. I would like to see a 1000 pt reward. Something like a Benefit set, or a Sephora Favorites type collection with full size products. Thanks for the perks we already get.

grumpysnow

(0) Hearts

I like the point program as it is. It gives me a chance to try something new or pick up a travel size of something I already like. Lol of course I always cash in my points before I get to 500.  I dont live near a Sephora so unless i come across one on vacation I order on line. The products I buy are ones i love and continue to buy, I dont shop to earn points, I just enjoy the perk of getting these little treats. I have discovered some awesome lip glosses I would never have tried and  the toofaced eyeshadow primmer has become my absolute fav and I would have never tried it except way back it was a 100 points perk. I'd love to see some minni sunscrean products offered, the small size would be great to throw in your purse or keep in the car and a nice way to try something new.

:smileyhappy:

iheartsephora09

[ Edited ]
I love the ideas! I do believe Sephora has a good program but it is the freebies I am starting to hear they mail out to only selected members that bothers me. These extras are not "advertised" and no posting or FAQS on how you qualify for the random selection bi believe any bonus program should be transparent.

In addition, I believe those that requalify as a VIB multiple times in one year should get increasing discounts. Right now it is always 10% off your order. I think after that, the 2nd qualification should be 15%, 3rd time 20%. Of course there would've a cap. Maybe 50%. If I qualify as a VIB 5 times in one year, is it out of the question to get a ONE time 50% discount? If this does seem feasible, I definitely recommend atier-structure for those of us qualifying as a VIB MULTIBLE times in one year!
elea33

(0) Hearts

That’s an amazing idea. I’ve turned the VIB  status over a few times annual as well. I’ve often inquired about the higher point level products as well, such as a 1000 point full size bonus or option to trade points for a discount coupon.

zeli64

(0) Hearts
That's a neat idea. For someone who would benifit from that I would have to say it would be awesome. I do love getting the exclusive emails, but since I live in a state that doesnt have a Sephora I can't take advantage of free makeovers or other freebies I read about.
kalex

(0) Hearts

I love the Free Shipping ideas!  I definitely would love more options to use my points.

I currently have over 1200 points.  I would gladly trade 500 or 1000 of them to get free shipping (no code required) on every order or at least on orders of $25.

I'm guessing that most people with a ton of points like myself accumulate them because we are addicts.  I haven't wanted a 500pt perk in forever because I always already have 2 or 3 of the products in the set.

sammiebaby

(0) Hearts

I love all the ideas here.  I think that at least on Beauty Talk for hearts that reach say like 100 we should get something like maybe a coupon for 10% off our order.  And for those who have say 1000 hearts should get something great like a free full size gift up to like $30.  As for the points I would love to see some more options and, like someone said, the option to just redeem the points for item instead of having to buy something to get it.  I know that I just bought something and I wanted to redeem the Naked Face Pallete but I didn't want to spend anymore money.  Also the items should be a little better cuz to get a 500 point reward it's $500 that was spent and we get what a $10 reward?  C'mon now we shosuld at least get something worth while.

martka

I think for every review written or Q&A answered on a product page, a small amount of points should be awarded. I always read reviews and the Q&As before buying a specific product-- I think the people who write them should get some compensation. I mean, they are answering questions that sales people are hired to do, at the expense of their own time. Beauty points would be a great way to encourage review writing and provide a little incentive to answer questions on product pages. :smileyhappy:

4Amarie

(0) Hearts

I absolutely love this idea! People are spending their time writing reviews and answers to help sephora costumers. I think they should get rewarded with a small amount of points for each post. I also always read the reviews before purchasing the products and it really helps. 

jmotaku

I'm agreeing with @martka on this one right away!  I know sometimes doing reviews drives me nuts, because it takes a lot of time, especially if I was going to review EVERY item I purchased from Sephora, so if we got a point for each one that was something other that 'I like it', I'd be more inclined to make the effort.

I don't live anywhere near a Sephora - it's 350+ miles to the nearest one, but I did see a pilot in the Colorado store I visited recently where you can trade 1000 points for a special occasion makeover session and a $25 merch gift card.  Brilliant.  If I lived closer, that would be something to shoot for, at least a couple of times.

And I also give a vote for the free shipping for all orders after you've reached a certain cumulative point value for the year.  I know there are a few other sites that do that, including Stila.

jxw200

I agree with everyone's suggestions! I've been a vib for years... possibly since the program existed (yikes, that's scary to think about although I suppose that was only like 2007? hmmm now i wonder when the vib program started!) I do like the occasional vib gifts & discounts, & i love the holiday offers. it would be great to have added rewards for shopping & participating online...

sephora is definitely my favorite beauty retailer, but i definitely purchase from other places bc the rewards are better. for example, i used to spend a lot on skinstore.com because they did 15%-20% off promotions very frequently, had free shipping (now its w/ $49) and had tons of samples (i don't think they have as many anymore). Their rewards program was good too - i believe 300 points was a $30 shopping credit? for a while i bought ALL of my skincare items there even if i was literally looking at it at a sephora store. 

iheartsephora09

I do love everyone's ideas. What I find VERY hard to swallow is a little known fact I just found yesterday. Sephora looks at VIBs and their contributions and gives away FREE new products for their review on the website. What kills me is I cannot find any details regarding the extra freebies. I also posted my disappointment on FB and they did not seem to find this unfair in anyway! Plus there is no way to known if you even "qualify" for these extras.
dianabt

(0) Hearts

iheartsephora09 wrote:
I do love everyone's ideas. What I find VERY hard to swallow is a little known fact I just found yesterday. Sephora looks at VIBs and their contributions and gives away FREE new products for their review on the website. What kills me is I cannot find any details regarding the extra freebies. I also posted my disappointment on FB and they did not seem to find this unfair in anyway! Plus there is no way to known if you even "qualify" for these extras.

Hi Iheartsephora09,

The items were given out based on the most active online VIB users who often review and rate items as well as contribute to Beauty Talk which is extremely helpful on our site. I'm  happy to forward your feedback regarding how the gratis items were distributed among VIB clients! Thank you for sharing your concern and thoughts with us. :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
btmod1

iheartsephora09 wrote:

Hi iheartsephora09!  Sorry to hear you didn’t feel Sephora's gratis selection was fair.  We sometimes send gratis product to a random group of our most active online community members and VIBs before launch to gather feedback about the product. You may be considered for the program in the future if you are a VIB, especially if you are a top contributor for BeautyTalk or our Ratings & Reviews.  Hopefully that helps & Happy Reviewing!

xo, Mia

denden798

(0) Hearts

I think that to be a VIB, the amount of money should vary based on your age. I am a teen/preteen and i spend A LOT at sephora, but not enough for VIB. I think at my age, i should deserve to be because i probably shop more than your average early teen

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 77 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • btmod1
    • kalex
    • iheartsephora09
    • prettyinpa
    • elea33
    • mermadelove